Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my Gentouch from K-Mart last week, and have been an active android user for almost two years. Had the G1, Mytouch and recently upgraded to the Vibrant. I had rooted and experimented quite a bit with Cyanogenmod and other roms on my first two phones. I was very excited about the potential of the Gentouch, and thanks to all the helpful posts on here and XDA I was able to make it into a fairly useful device. I have the market working, and have applied Linc's V3 patch and am very happy thus far.I have only had two problems and was curious if anyone else had worked them out.1. The main reason I purchased the Gentouch was to be a comic reader and ACV is great on it, but even in low memory mode and with un-rared directories I still frequently get out of memory crashes. Has anyone had better results, and if so what did they do to their CBZ's and CBR's to get them to be more reliably viewable.2. I installed AndroidVNC-viewer to try to access several workstations on my network, but I found it made my device incredibly slow, even when I wasn't using the app. Performance didn't return to normal until I uninstalled the app. I was curious if anyone got either a RDP or VNC app working well with the Gentouch.Thanks in advance for everyones hard work and effort to help unleash this device's potential.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For ACV, switching to low-memory mode worked for me. I did run into a few cases where the images were excessively large (I had one page that was something like 9000x6000 for simple line art -- ridiculous overkill) and fixed the problem by resizing the image. Depending on the comic, you might try resizing images or saving PNGs as JPEGs. ACV is definitely memory-bound, loading large images, so if you can reduce the size of the images and/or free up memory (I like Advanced Task Killer) you should have a better experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.