Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks so much for all the information (especially the pictorial tutorial) for hacking the Novel. I was able to add a bunch of apps, including adding the Kindle app on my tablet.So, I've searched the forum, and looked through over 15 pages of threads on this forum, and I probably just missed this, but every once in awhile, my tablet becomes unresponsive and freezes. I then shut it off, turn it back on, and get out of whatever app I'm on, and it seems to work again.Now, my question is: what should I do about the freezing? (if anything?)I read in cracking case thread,
bugeyed;26586 said:
...the manager said that they have replaced several that people said froze on them. He is saying that about once a week you should push the reset button. (Whether it needs it or not?)
Okay, so, would it be worth it for me to return it (purchased it 2 days ago) or is there a hack/fix for this that a total newbie like me can do? Or is this a Pandigital thing and doesn't matter how many I exchange? additional tidbit is that I think it happens (more) when I have wifi on.Thanks again to all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Occasionally mine becomes unresponsive, but if i wait a minuet or two it comes back. I notice it more with the PD apps. This is my 2nd one (dont ask why ) and I think it did the same thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had issues with my PDN freezing during 2 games that I enjoy playing -- Androku and WordsUp! Actually, I'm more frustrated with the touchscreen not responding as expected with WordsUp, than I am with the freezing issue. Come to think of it, I played both games several times yesterday without the PDN freezing (wonder if my morning installation of ASTRO and/or APPMonster "helped"?).

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was getting apps freezing before 7/24 firmware. Seems to work much much better now.I used 3 methods to unfreeze which I performed in this order of increasing problems with unfreeze.Back button.Power button for sleep.Power button to turn off. Sometimes cancel and return to app would unfreeze it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I too have much better performance and haven't seen freezing problems since install the 7/24 firmware. There were some other problems, most notably with wireless that have been experienced with this new code and PD has pulled it. Those that have contacted PD have been told that they are expecting to release new firmware, possibly as soon as next week. Personally, I'd recommend updating to 7/18 (if you haven't done so yet) and waiting to see if they do release new code this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.