Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all I am thinking about buying my first android tablet. I am very happy with my Droid phone, and frankly am not a fan of anything apple has to do. So I am wanting a good device that I can hit Android Market with, use the kindle and newly anounced Nook reader, and surf the web some.This is a device I am thinking of buying from www.dealextreme.comhttp://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42216#topFirst question, should I even consider buying from that site? I have heard I should check the reviews from people on that site... but there are none. Also, has anyone had good luck with shipping to the US from this site.Second question, are those stats for real? What brand is that device? 1gb storage plus up to 32gb card? 256ram? Which processor is this listed as? Is that an ARM9?Thank you all for your help on these questions.:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently bought that pad, It was shipped today. Looks like flytouch, so it should be fake flytouch. but I cannot answer your question at this moment, perphaps in a coupple of days it arrives to Argentina (maybe 20 days) and in that case can help you, but I dont know if you want to wait this tima.Stats are untrustable, diferent pages sell same product with different specifications. Processor is arm 9, but there's a lot of arm different procesors. I read in the forum and they say ARM926EJ-S is better than arm926el (but Im not sure of that). Speed processor should be 350 mhz. this pad has only 1 gb (others have 2 gb) and should be all used by the OS, so you will need a sd card if you gonna buy this too.Good luck

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a Motorola Droid that is overclocked and rooted. I have tried a couple of these tablets and nothing compares to the Droid. I doubt you will like that after using g a droidSent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ive been researching droid tablets for 3 months now, there are a few things that are consistent in the forums.1) if the post bogomips 2x THAT number is the proc speed. any other speed higher indicates mistruth or overclocking2) several places have bad PEOPLE involved selling cheap products. The common ones I see are, ebay, alibaba and dealextreme. Alibaba(aliexpress) is like the ebay of china, if i found one i wanted to buy from there I would take the CPU, the seller and the model# and place them in 3 different advanced searches and read everything that comes up.3) there are better tablets from better sellers available for the same price, its all in how much your willing to searchmy 2 cts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up buying one of the Kmart tablets for now, not sure I am happy about it yet but I have one lol.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Dunavan I know you already went with the GT78. But for others reading this thread.I have bought a number of items from Deal extreme with out any problems. I bought my M003 from them, a bluetooth dongle, headphones, car chargers,etc.The device you listed is not a rockchip apad, But they don't claim it is. and they don't charge the rockchip price.as always YMMV

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know,Honestly with the issues GT78 is having I am still not sure I will end up keeping it. I went with it because if it does not pan out I can return it. Something to be said for that. I have been considering buying many things from DE. Namely some tri wing screw drivers so I can add Nintendo DS lite to my list of Electronics I repair (being an out of work tech geek/retail manager, ya do what ya gotta do)I saw that dongle, $1.33!!!! WTF... I almost bought that same one at walmart for $20 a month ago...

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Shipping from Hong Kong is slow 8-13 days to USA but is included in the price. What a weird mix of stuff they have.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't get Tri-wing screw drivers any where in the US, I have looked and looked. More common in Asian electronics then american releases

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ciao, Dunavan :)I read, you have already got your tablet, so, maybe my answer is a bit useless.I can say you, the specifications of the first tablet, the FlyTouch, are real, it has all those characteristics listed on their site.It's a good tablet, i had one, but the VIA 8505 is a bit sloOOow...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts