Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, several questions I have before purchase:1. I want to buy an Apad for comic reading, I watched the video and it looks like you have to "shake" the Apad when you turn it sideways for comic reading? Is this correct?2. Where can I buy the "correct" Apad with the right processor? In the where to purchase Apad thread all of the recommended dealers are sold out, is the one at HOD the "correct" one?3. Has anyone used the Apad for comic reading, is it clear and readable?Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
320 Posts
1. You mean my magic-shake?
It is normally not necessary, but I do it for some reason.2. If Merimobiles and the other trustworthy sellers are sold-out, I'd wait till they have them back in stock.3. I've been using it as a comic reader with the beta version of ACV and it works great. Pictures are very clear and navigation with ACV is just very smooth and nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought ACV did not work with the Apad? Is the beta version available to the public?So you are saying there is no issue with rotating the screen?If all I want to do is read my archived comics, I see no reason to buy an Ipad correct??

·
Registered
320 Posts
Robot sent me a test version after I sent them a bug report. This version of ACV works very well with the aPad and it does screen rotation just by turning the aPad by 90 degrees. Supports CBR, CBZ too, but remember that the aPad only has around 50MB of RAM for applications, so huge CBR/CBZ ( > 30MB) will cause it to go out-of-memory.I don't know about you, but I would not buy an aPad for ?450 and submit myself to their DRM-crap. I also think that 10" might be a bit too large to carry around with you and might be a bit too heavy (slightly under 1kg) for continuous use.I'm very happy with the ?120, 7", 330g aPad as an ebook and comic reader as well as a video player and occasional browser.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No, I did not inquire about that - was just happy to have the working APK.
I will send them an e-mail, asking if I can send it to other people or if they plan to release the new version soon. You might want to do the same, maybe he'll send you the test version, too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gevrik, using the Galaxy S to ACV to read CBR was not smooth enough for me, as each page require ~3 sec loading. It become annoying when its reaching the climax. Does ACV on the apad has the same problem?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yes, since CBR/CBZ are just zip archives that hold all of the comic's images. Depending in which resolution these images are in, it will take from 1 to 3 seconds to unpack a new page from the CBR/CBZ - nothing anybody can do about that. I normally extract my CBR/CBZ first and then copy the folder onto a SD card and the comic reader opens the images in under a second, so almost instantaneous.You can see that here:

·
Registered
18 Posts
gevrik;7818 said:
Robot sent me a test version after I sent them a bug report. This version of ACV works very well with the aPad and it does screen rotation just by turning the aPad by 90 degrees.
The version robot sent me did rotate at all, even after clicking the rotate button. I guess that might be because I have a batch v1. No worries thou, I use Aviewer on my iRobot does not have the features of ACV but geez is it fast I believe it completely unzips the CBZ file before reading cause there is no lag between pages. If I could get a working copy of ACV I probably use it cause Aviewer does not start a new CBZ file after finishing reading another CBZ.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.