Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the university earlier and I tried an app called anProxy to enable a proxy on my device. I need a proxy to access the internet via the university's wifi. Unfortunately, anProxy doesn't work. How come the A81 doesn't have native proxy settings while my friend's Galaxy S on Android 2.1 has one?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
you would need to email google and ask them that question, or add your name to ever growing list of requests for thisDid a relatively easy search in google and came up with this Issue 1273 - android - IP Proxy Settings for Wifi Network - Project Hosting on Google Codehave a look at comment 515 and those that followalso if you have a look at this [Think Tank] Wifi Proxy - Page 13 - xda-developersit might workAlso there is an apk mentioned in the last few posts in the google thread Setting Proxy in Android Phones: Proxy Settings Android Applicationhave a look at that tonot being someone who needs proxy service, you will need to try it out, and if possible feedback.It appears that proxy access is an ongoing issue with 2.2 for some strange reason

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mingnon;53150]you would need to email google and ask them that question said:
Issue 1273 - android - IP Proxy Settings for Wifi Network - Project Hosting on Google Code[/url]have a look at comment 515 and those that followalso if you have a look at this [Think Tank] Wifi Proxy - Page 13 - xda-developersit might workAlso there is an apk mentioned in the last few posts in the google thread Setting Proxy in Android Phones: Proxy Settings Android Applicationhave a look at that tonot being someone who needs proxy service, you will need to try it out, and if possible feedback.It appears that proxy access is an ongoing issue with 2.2 for some strange reason
Thanks for the reply. I'll post my feedback once I get back to the university next monday. Also, I just talked to a colleague a while ago who owns a Nexus One and told me he couldn't set proxy settings either. He's using Android 2.1 BTW.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
check that google code link, there's a stack of posts about it, i didnt go through them all, just scanned pretty quick. It sounds like its a common complaint about android atm, with all the updates lately who knows when it will get fixed

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried the all the stuff in the links you've showed me yesterday. It didn't work. I guess the A81E is stuck without proxy. Bah.Thanks for the assist though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts