Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even through adb or clockwork? I'm just looking to kill my google account information and make sure its not on the device. I have adb working and its rooted with CW already installed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wouldn't the market fix from augendev wipe the androidid and all previously installed apps? I figure you can just do that and reinstall all the old apps (that came with it) through es explorer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was able to factory reset my tablet. I can repeatedly factory reset now that I have figured out the process and key combination. Instructions:--------------------Settings, -> Privacy Settings, -> Factory data Reset (SELECT).There are 2 prompts that you will be presented with. After selecting the final WARNING that your Google Accounts, etc will be removed it will instantly shut off. *IT MAY RANDOMLY RE-START* I've noted... so be fast! for the next step!...Press and HOLD the HOME button (2nd button from the right) You should see the Gentouch 78 boot screen and then the penguin ( WHILE STILL HOLDING HOME BUTTON ) after about a moment, you will see an Android and a FAST progress indication/indicator and a fast reboot. Once the tablet has rebooted let go of all buttons and allow to boot.It should boot back up and then start a setup process that asks a question between two choices to provision the device. After selecting one or the other you are then launched into Android/Google Setup that is a Tutorial and/OR Google Account setup. --------------------The only difference I have noted in option#1 or option#2 of provisioning is that option #2 will eventually ask you if you would like to connect to Wifi after communication fails several times. option#1 does not seem to have this property and never asks to connect to Wifi during intial provisioning. However you can skip out of the Tutorial/Google Account Setup most of the time on both choices and setup your Wifi in Settings. Without going through the process and simply just pressing and holding the home key while turning the unit on will present you with this RESTORE MENU in which you can not select anything.I did try holding the power button while holding the home button, but found the power button is actually useless in the process. I also tried holding the back button (1st from the right) while turning the unit on. This results in a black screen that you have to push the tiny reset button to resolve. This would appear as it would drain your battery as the LCD backlight does appear to be on. I do not know what would happen if your battery drains in this state, so reset the tablet using the reset button if you ever get presented with any BLACK or FROZEN screens. I was able after issuing the adb commands again as root (sudo) to kill-server and start-server to use adb to access the unit again after using this RESET method many times and browse around without any issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[quote name='Hexx714;37051]I do not know what would happen if your battery drains in this state' date=' so reset the tablet using the reset button if you ever get presented with any BLACK or FROZEN screens. [/QUOTE']Mine is currently in a state where it will not boot. I get the penguin, then a black screen with the backlight on. Reset does not resolve it. I'm letting the battery drain now to see if it will boot after complete drain/charge cycle.Mark

·
Registered
246 Posts
[quote name='mark685;38683]Mine is currently in a state where it will not boot. I get the penguin' date=' then a black screen with the backlight on. Reset does not resolve it. I'm letting the battery drain now to see if it will boot after complete drain/charge cycle.Mark[/QUOTE']A few of us had this issue when we first got outs. Did you install the clockwork recovery yet? If not then just do the Calibration updated posted in AUGEN's website.CPG

·
Registered
246 Posts
[quote name='xport;42386]I lost the screen' date=' does not work at all, device still seems to powre on, so is this still the best way to a factory reset without a screen.[/QUOTE'] Installing the new update on AUGEN website includes FACTORY RESET now. Its at the bottom of the page on the link here:UpdatesCPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The screen is shot, so clockwork isnt even really an option since I cant see anything...So it kinda has to be adb and it sucks that I cant even verify it once its done.

·
Registered
246 Posts
[quote name='xport;42481]The screen is shot' date=' so clockwork isnt even really an option since I cant see anything...So it kinda has to be adb and it sucks that I cant even verify it once its done.[/QUOTE'] Clockwork has nothing to do with this.. INSTALL THE UPDATE from AUGEN.CPG.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.