Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I download ed a file 1002464, which is a zip file and contains the following files, assets, meta-inf, res, AndroidManifest,clesses.dex,and resources.arc.This file was downloaded from AndAppStore .

·
Registered
784 Posts
golferbk;54727 said:
tried what you said about changing the zip to apk and tried the adb install which did not work. I have to do researach on the file explorer method.thanks.
Well, what error message(s) did you get when attempting the install via ADB, and exactly what package were you trying to install???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there was no error message when tyring the adb install. I install from a desk top to the tablet using adb. The adb program does not work unless it is an adb file. I was trying to install a blackjack program from AndAppStore.Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
784 Posts
golferbk;55696 said:
there was no error message when tyring the adb install. I install from a desk top to the tablet using adb. The adb program does not work unless it is an adb file. I was trying to install a blackjack program from AndAppStore.Thanks for your help.
Without knowing exactly which program you were trying to install, no one can really even offer a suggestion with regard to what the problem might be, or even try to test it. For example, if a particular program was written to conform to Android 2.1 APIs, it will not install on devices running earlier versions of Android (e.g. the PDN runs 2.0).

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
as first posts go, this is not a good showing. Why don't you... read some posts? maybe... start with the wiki? Run the consolidated hack? nchanterman experience?

·
Registered
27 Posts
For Tryna, as a lazy modder here, any time I've run across an app that I wanted to add, I downloaded and added the .apk to the userapps folder from the Consolidated Hacks compilation found elsewhere and ran the install_apps.bat file there to my PDN. OK, sucks to be me, but I revel in the glory.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.