Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I bought my Eken M003 from ebay.com last week and I received it today! :)After less than 10 minutes of usage the charger went off. It doesn't charge any more. I am guessing its because of the bad quality of the charger itself. Has anybody encountered this same problem?Does any body know where to buy a new charger which fits the device and works better than the one I received from China? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for responding ;DI bought a 9v 1a adaptor through ebay and I got it today. Two questions.Where is M003's LED?How long does it take to fully charge the device?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, still nothing. I've left it charging overnight but it was for nothing. Do you think its a charger problem? I will try getting a universal adaptor from a local shop and try if that works out. I'm starting to think that the charger I bought from ebay was just not compatible. Look, here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120572512009#ht_534wt_1137What do you think?

·
Registered
33 Posts
It sounds like people have been having problems with 1 amp adapters. My Eken m001 came with a 1.5 amp adapter, and it's been working fine. I'm not familiar with where the light is on the M003, but if the device doesn't turn on when it's plugged in, you either have (1) a bad adapter, (2) the wrong adapter, or (3) a bad slate. Possible adapter problems are: (1) not enough voltage (amps), or (2) wrong polarity (which might burn out your device). Can't tell polarity from the picture. If the open end of the loop on the picture is pointing towards + then it's right. If it's pointing towards minus then is the wrong polarity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a m003 from deal extreme. Like everyone on here except the person with the m001, my adapter was killed after a few minutes of charging. I took it apart and found the fuse was toast. I replaced the fuse with a 2amp fuse as the onboard fuse lacked any form of identification. Sure enough about 2 minutes in my girlfriend complains about a burning smell...and thats when I noticed the adapter was too hot to touch and was melting. so after pealing burnt plastic off my hands and such I decided to upgrade to a nexxtech universal adapter that can do 3V to 15V at a maximum of 2.5amps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
[quote author=blue.dragon link=topic=463.msg5402#msg5402 date=1275764777]I left my Eken M003 charging for 5 long hours and still it doesn't turn on! I can't seem to find the LED anywhere, can somebody help me?I will let it charge overnight. Lets see if that works!Here are some videos I took...Eken M003Eken / Iped M003 - Not turning on[/quote]Hey.. i have the same problem.. after a couple of days the charger adapter die.. lol.. but i fix it.. [ well not me.. my dad.. im more on the software part.. ] anyway.. i upload the picture.. that might help you out..The hack adapter
I ask my dad to change the 2 head leg [ i dont know what ppl call it.. ] to 3 head leg.. so that i dont need any extension to charge it..The adapter it self..For those that want to try to repair it.. you can simple open a screw below the adapter.. i already red box the location.. dont do what i did.. cause i did not notice there a screw below it.. my bad [ well normally china adapter dont have any screw they just glue it.. so that what happen.. my bad again
.. ]Note: my dad say that the Chinese engineer that design the adapter really is cleaver.. cause they design the adapter same style as the PC power supply.. w00t~.. The LED indicator..As you can see.. on the left is the LED power indicator.. it will light on when you power on the device.. while on the right is the LED charging indicator..Hope all this 3 picture do help in anyway..

·
Registered
123 Posts
i received my pad today a few hours ago. I cautiously plugged the charger in and after two minutes it was too hot to touch. I took it apart immediatly (thanks to the previous post for the sccrew location!) and the heat sinkd rectifier or voltage regulator IC was smoking hot to touch and smelled like burning rubber. I have yet to try it again as this can not be normal....defective like all the rest. In the meantime I am trying a 7.4 volt charger, but after two hours the battery indicator shows only 1/4 charge and pad will not stay on. I also notice that when I touch the back, the screen goes crazy colors like when you press too hard on LCD scree, Could this be from the weak battery charge? I will not be able to charge until later tonight and will report back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts