Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Got my Eken M001 yesterday, and have not stopped playing with it - It came on version 1.7.1 alreadyI had to open it, as the headphone plug would not make good contact, only to find that it was completely loose and I had to solder it !I'm having mainly problems with video:- Tried with original Web Browser and Opera Mini 5 Beta to play any youtube videos, but to no avail: it give me an error complaining it has no access to the files or have been moved - I've read on some of the forums that there is an application call "YouTube" that you can use - but so far I have not been able to find to download - any help will be appreciated- I simply cannot play ANY videos, I've downloaded some of the files of this Site other's topics, but will always get an error saying that it can not play video! - I've tried to download other video players - mVideoPlayer being one, but again, I get the same errorMy overall user experience is good, but I found a number of issues that lets it down:- Sluggish screen reaction times and problems with gravity sensor reacting too slowly or not at all when changing screen orientation- when playing music with standard music player there is a lot of noise between tracks, not sure if the problem is the player- It is a REAL pain to find the application you are looking for, but being unable to download it, as it does not support android MarketI hope that some of those can be ironed in the near future, either by custom "hacks" or by the manufacturerIn any case I think this Web Site is brilliant, and most of the comments on the forum are very usefulThanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
All points consistent with my experience. I was able to play video, but it was so choppy and out of sync - worthless. That with a video file created under the specifications advised on this board. Someone mentioned in one of the posts here that the cpu is capable of mpeg video acceleration. I would be interested in trying an mpeg video file at some point to see how it plays if there is a player that supports mpeg. My general impression is that the CPU is running too slow, and even still gets very hot. It will be interesting to see whether the rom modders can make this a useful device. Other than playing with it, I am not using it much because of the slow speed. I like the size, but not much else at this point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi ive tried usijg flv cojverter. Use it to convert from stdrt divx to 3gp 800x400. U should get decent video quality n still vout of sync videos. Out station with nyveken only now so cant post anything though but i used the huild in player.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys thanks for all your commentsHowever, I think you have missed the point: I simply cannot play ANYTHINGis not that is choppy or slow, the problem is that it refuses to play anything I though at it!Any suggestions?Also what about youtube?Is there a place I can download the "youtube" application?Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.