Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my eken m0001 maybe 2 months ago. It was working all right till today. I used it very rarely, maybe 3 times(was not at home). Today I turn it on and it only shows android logo and then stops. I tried to reset it 2 times and it did not help. I did not upgrade firmware or anything else, I did not put SD card in. looked around forum and I saw that maybe upgrading firmware might help. Can anyone help me with this issue?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Unless someone else has a better idea, I think an update or booting from a SD card may be your only hope.Just reading through the previous threads, I see there other people with this problem.You say it boots to the android logo. Are you able to access it from a pc at that stage?I know with mine, if it is connected to my pc when I turn it on, it shows up on the pc before the Eken gets to it's desktop.It may not be any help but I just thought there may be some file that could be copied to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,My brand new, (1 day), M100 is behaving in a similar manner, as are a few others on the forum the last few days.When connected to the power adaptor, the unit boots, and operates - it says it's charging and eventually charged, but the LEDs never change to green.On removal of the power lead the unit shuts down. If you try to boot without the power lead it goes through the initial android avatar, and then to the silver "ANDROID" logo before shutting down again.It looks like the battery isn't charging. I'm not hugely concerned yet as it's a cheap unit that I was thinking of hacking anyway.I'm going to try a few things and report back.Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
I upgraded my firmware and then did a factory reset to try and get the old firmware back - stupid mistake. It hung at the slatedroid logoI solved it by grabbing the eken origianal firmware off this site (in downloads section) and booting from SD card - however this hung at the android logo. I then tried another factory reset and this worked (thankfully) but it gave me what seemed to be less functionality than before - only 3 items on the window, one of which was a web browser - presumably the version used here has been stripped of all unnecessary apps etc?I then re ran the custom firmware which thankfully took me back to where I was before, with no damage done :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
[quote name='JC2010;31046]I solved it by grabbing the eken origianal firmware off this site (in downloads section) and booting from SD card - however this hung at the android logo. I then tried another factory reset and this worked (thankfully) but it gave me what seemed to be less functionality than before - only 3 items on the window' date=' one of which was a web browser - presumably the version used here has been stripped of all unnecessary apps etc?I then re ran the custom firmware which thankfully took me back to where I was before, with no damage done :cool:[/QUOTE']Now you say "stuck at the android logo", do you mean at startup and if you did, how did you factory reset it again?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got an aPad from China. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the knock-off. I used it for a day with no issues.Then I decided to restore it to the factory settings as there where a number of Chinese apps loaded and I figured this would be easier than uninstalling them one by one.I started the "restore to factory" process and it was all good till I got to the "calibrate the touch screen" step. I followed around touching the crosses that it put up. At the end of this step it said "calibraiton failed".Now the aPad boots into android, but it will register any touch on the screen to the top left corner (the home button) only. i.e. I can't touch my way to the setup to calibrate the screen again (or do anything other than touch the home button).Anybody have and idea on how to proceed?

·
Registered
108 Posts
it looks like the battery of your eken is broken. you can buy a new one on ebay for $15. The batteries are easy to replace.I bought my broken eken on ebay, it wouldn't charge either. after opening the case i saw that a component on the motherboard was shorted out. i soldered a wire between it and now it is charging perfectly. the only problem now is that i do not see the actual battery charge level. but i can live with that. it only cost me $50.

·
Registered
25 Posts
[quote name='fathuhulla;34314]there are many firmware' date=' i have tried, i believe that this is not EKEN but a chinese product. there is no EKEn written in the outer cover at the top. could you please tell which firmware will help to resolve the problem. Thanks[/QUOTE']I have exactly the same problem. Any ideas??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.