Android Tablets Forum banner
461 - 480 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello DenisB!
Few time ago had the same problem...
Thank's a lot!
Today I compiled kernel core like you said.
I used this manual.
Unfortunatly, situation doesn't change.

Black and blank screen again.
I've read different topics and guys wrote that they saw a couple of Tux when kernel started loading

I don't see this magic Tux

I don't know but if I open in hex stock recovery img file it start from "ANDROID!....", but my compiled file start from "KRNL..." like kernel file. Actually, I tried to flash as recovery as a kernel section with my compiled file. Result was the same.
I guess that a problem may be in addresses or smth more closer to hardware.
What do you guys think about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a MK808 (without bluetooth) and have picuntu running on it. I have the system configured to automatically login and start x11vnc so I can use the device independently from any other hardware.
There is a bug, however, so every time the system idles the WiFi connection (connected via internal chip) is lost and not recovered. As you can imagine this ain't great, especially when the device is physically unreachable.

One could restart the network service via
Code:
sudo service networking restart
if (s)he only could type in the command!

So is there any other method than my quick'n'dirty script that pings an always-reachable adress (e.g. my router) and if this ping fails executes the above command?
My script mainly looks like this:
Code:
echo `TZ=UTC-1 date ` $msg_start > $tmpfile<br />
cp $tmpfile $logfile<br />
<br />
while : ; do<br />
    ping -c 1 $ping_ip >> /dev/null<br />
    rc=$?<br />
    if [ $rc -eq 0 ] ; then                  <br />
		echo $msg_reachable<br />
    else<br />
		if [ -f $logfile ]; then<br />
			cp $logfile $tmpfile<br />
		fi<br />
		echo `TZ=UTC-1 date ` $msg_unreachable > $logfile<br />
		if [ -f $tmpfile ];	then<br />
			cat $tmpfile >> $logfile<br />
			rm $tmpfile<br />
		fi<br />
		echo $sudo_pw | sudo -S service networking restart<br />
    fi<br />
    sleep 60<br />
done<br />
All the messing with the temporary file is for creating a logfile with the newest entries first.
I added it to autostart (Settings Manager/Session & Startup) and edited its .desktop file to show the terminal (otherwise it wouldn't create my logfile - strange).
I have seen the script working (it reacts to failed pings and resets the connection), but the MK808 still loses the connection regularly (it always happens when I'm far far away from home).
I disabled all power saving options via the settings manager.
So I'm thinking of either:
  • changing my script so it actually works (how? - sudo reboot instead of sudo service networking restart may work but is just unbearable)
  • preventing the system from switching to idle state (how?) or
  • fixing the bug (how?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, DenisB!
Sorry for belated answer...

What do you guys think about?
Indeed there are some Tux when kernel successfully started loading:)
Look throw your manual link and so that there are a lot of operations. My way was only download kernel sources and type CROSS_COMPILE=/path/to/toolchain make uImage -j4. Then make recovery.img.
Try please flash with that operable image file. After i will upload my toolchain and write instructions, if need.
Doubt about problem closer to hardware...
Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, Nero_dev!
And again thank's for your help!
I've downloaded your file and flashed it to recovery section. So result was the same. My monitor said me "No HDMI signal"

I can not imagine myself what a hell with my device....
I will try to record video with all my actions just for check it. Maybe I'm doing smth wrong...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, DenisB!
Hello, Nero_dev!
And again thank's for your help!
I've downloaded your file and flashed it to recovery section. So result was the same. My monitor said me "No HDMI signal"

I can not imagine myself what a hell with my device....
I will try to record video with all my actions just for check it. Maybe I'm doing smth wrong...
It was my pleasure to help. Pity that it didn't help.
Hmm, may be it was good idea about problem in hardware...Because in my UG802 I had to solder contacts, holding HDMI and microUSB ports. Or indeed there are wrong steps in flashing image...
Unfortunately, at this moment have no more idea about that...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

We're working on a research project for our school where we use PointGrey cameras with lightweight cheap mini-computers. The problem is that the FlyCapture SDK used to manipulate the cameras doesn't work with Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10 (yet).

I was wondering what it would take to have, for instance, Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) running on the MK802 III device?

//Mats J
//Team MaGu

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, everybody, I need help with run Ubuntu on Rikomagic mk 802 iii.
I used kernel-0.3.img with RKAndroidTools v1.35 then rooted android and command in terminal emulator then
command in Ubuntu:
Code:
<br />
cp linuxroot-0.3.tar.gz /media/linuxroot/<br />
cd /media/linuxroot/<br />
sudo -i<br />
tar -xvzf linuxroot-0.3.tar.gz<br />
What am i doing wrong?
My Ricomagic not displeyd logon screen.
Please help me.

Sorry my english.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Guys,

I am trying to install Ubuntu according to the instructions here on the first page but have the following problem:
I have installed Bob Finless Rom 1.7c and then overwrote the recovery.img (with kernel 0.3 from this thread). When I start the stick now I see the screen with the two penguins. Then the process stops. I think this is ok so far.
I am not very familiar with linux so for the rootfs SD card I have extracted the files using nautilus as root (extract here) and copied the folders from the new linuxrrot-0.3 folder to the formated (ext4) mini SD card by drag and drop.

When I start the droid stick again nothing more happens then before. Is this because I have copied the files using the described method. Do I really have to copy the files with cp -a in terminal?
If yes, could somebody write a short tutorial how to do that?

Thank you in advance.

haligali81

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can anybody help?
format your SD with gparted to EXT4 partition, then, go to disk manager, unmount the new created partition and change label to 'linuxroot'. Once you have it changed, extract and insert the sd (or mount it), and do; sudo cp -va /andrewalpha-folder/* /media/linuxroot , when it finishes, you can insert sd to your stick and try to boot ubuntu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks a lot NeoPhyTe.x360!

I did everything like you described, checked the permission of the SD card (It is root).But still get no login window or a window at all.
See attached screenshot. Maybe you can read why it does not work.

Thank you in advance.

Computer Personal computer Output device Font Gas

haligali81

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please help me.

I'm trying to use UART from ubuntu.
When device booting I saw:
[ 0.000000] rk30_gpio_init: 176 gpio irqs in 6 banks

[ 0.000000] sched_clock: 32 bits at 24MHz, resolution 41ns, wraps every 178956ms

[ 0.000000] Console: colour dummy device 80x30

[ 0.000000] console [tty0] enabled, bootconsole disabled
from UART.

I'm trying "echo something > /dev/ttyS0", "echo something > /dev/ttyS3" without any result.

Is it posible to use UART from ubuntu 0.3?
Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looked like you just have to press Alt + F2 and you can log in then.

-Raymond Day

Thanks a lot NeoPhyTe.x360!

I did everything like you described, checked the permission of the SD card (It is root).But still get no login window or a window at all.
See attached screenshot. Maybe you can read why it does not work.

Thank you in advance.

View attachment 17602

haligali81

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a MK808B. I've gotten Picuntu running with WiFi. Everything is fine, except I can't get back to Android. I am very sure I flashed recovery only as I was able to boot Android a number of times after flashing the recovery kernel, including after power off. Once I issued 'reboot recovery' in Android, I've been stuck in Linux. This is not a huge issue as I mainly wanted this to play with Linux on, but I would like to be able to get back to Android. I can get back to flash mode by pushing the button during power up and reflash the whole thing. It seems like the linux boot is not clearing the flag that told it to boot from recovery. Any thoughts?

Ken
I have the same problem than Ken. I'm using MK808B and after flashing kernel to recovery Android booted normally as it should. But after I did 'reboot recovery' in Android there was no going back. Every time I boot my MK808B it goes straight to recovery mode (with the two pinguins on top) and starts picuntu. I'm sure I flashed recovery only. I reflashed back to finless 1.7 and again flashed linux kernel on recovery, same thing happened again.
Unlike Ken I would mainly want to use Android, but I would very much like to play around in linux as well. I do not want to contiune with Linux until im sure I can boot also android.

Is here someone who has picuntu and android working on MK808B ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem than Ken. I'm using MK808B and after flashing kernel to recovery Android booted normally as it should. But after I did 'reboot recovery' in Android there was no going back. Every time I boot my MK808B it goes straight to recovery mode (with the two pinguins on top) and starts picuntu. I'm sure I flashed recovery only. I reflashed back to finless 1.7 and again flashed linux kernel on recovery, same thing happened again.
Unlike Ken I would mainly want to use Android, but I would very much like to play around in linux as well. I do not want to contiune with Linux until im sure I can boot also android.

Is here someone who has picuntu and android working on MK808B ?
try this
http://rk3066-linux.googlecode.com/git-history/6c8da84ce204ce463ea1b4b2a41b6cd323916b82/boot-picuntu/

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got all installed on mk802iiis, and boot into xubuntu desktop, but the networking failed to connect. I used a RS3700 ethernet usb dongle, that works fine on android, recognized on the linux as usbnet0, but cannot connect cause failure "DHCPDISCOVER on usbnet0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval .. No DHCPOFFERS received. No working leases n persistent database -- sleeping", and usbnet0 retreat to avahi. lxcbr0 is tested and working fine with IP 10.0.3.1.

ifconfig lists lo, lxcbr0, usbnet0, usbnet:avahi,
and the /interfaces looks like this:
auto lo
iface lo inet dhcp

Tried setting auto usbnet0 to static with 192.168.2.100 IP address, no more DHCP error, but still no connection. I'm not familiar with how LXC works here, or how to set the usbnet0 iface under this LXC container. Any pointer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally don't like using android on the MK808, and being an experienced Linux user I think it would make a nice replacement. That being said, I don't mind wiping out Android entirely. So, I was wondering if it was possible to either install linux to the internal storage without the need of an SD card (I'd much rather use the SD slot for other things), or at the very least, if it was possible to access the internal storage from Linux. The internal storage is faster than an SD card and there's more than enough for what I need. I understand that I likely can't use all 8GB, but if I could have at least 6GB then that'd be acceptable (though I'd prefer more than 7GB).

Sorry if this has been asked before but after hours of research I couldn't find the answer. I wouldn't mind modifying the .img files so they will contain all of linux but I don't think it'll be that simple.

461 - 480 of 506 Posts