Android Tablets Forum banner
201 - 220 of 234 Posts

·
Developer
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
I feel your pain. I just spent the entire day trying to root my neo x5 and I eventually got it right using Motorobo and some bloody-minded determination.

So if you get a gap AndrewDB could you please check out the results of the dmesg https://gist.github.com/4216228 and let us know what we can do to help.

Cheers
OK, got it, and I have some good news for you: I think I can include a custom kernel for the Neo X5 in the next Alpha 0.4 release, which is coming in about 8 days time.
But please DO NOT try the generic kernel included in Pre-Alpha 0.3. The Neo X5 uses a different power controller and I can't say what could happen if you flash the wrong kernel. So, please, just wait for the specific kernel, I promise you'll have it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, got it, and I have some good news for you: I think I can include a custom kernel for the Neo X5 in the next Alpha 0.4 release, which is coming in about 8 days time.
But please DO NOT try the generic kernel included in Pre-Alpha 0.3. The Neo X5 uses a different power controller and I can't say what could happen if you flash the wrong kernel. So, please, just wait for the specific kernel, I promise you'll have it.
No problem, I am more than happy to wait.

·
Registered
8 Posts
mate did you get the dmesg.txt. Finally got mine out here if you still need it

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
NVM.................

·
Registered
73 Posts
I want to get a usb-ethernet adapter because my wifi adapter (Ralink5370) could not stay connected overnight.

We usually don't know what chip is inside the adapter. Could anyone suggest me the one that works? Links to the compatible products would help. Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed it two days ago in a microsd Class 6 and it is faster than i can imagine. From Linux, I installed the kernel doing usb pass-through to a WinXP guest in VirtualBox. ADB commands (Android-SDK) did not see my UG and I could not waste time investigating the reason.

@aruangra: I have a usb wifi TP-Link TL-WN727N and it works out of the box. The only issue i have detected is that Network-Manager (In XFCE) doesnt work, and I need to connect wifi by hand in command line.

Thank you very much Andrew.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, I've resolved the network-manager problem and others about user administration. For some reason my system had incorrect privileges in dbus-daemon-launch-helper. If it isnt like this:

$ ls -l /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper -rwsr-xr-- 1 root
messagebus 170348 Oct 3 2012 /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper

You need change it:

# chown root:messagebus /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
# chmod 4754 /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper

Restart session and all is ok now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I installed it two days ago in a microsd Class 6 and it is faster than i can imagine. From Linux, I installed the kernel doing usb pass-through to a WinXP guest in VirtualBox. ADB commands (Android-SDK) did not see my UG and I could not waste time investigating the reason.

@aruangra: I have a usb wifi TP-Link TL-WN727N and it works out of the box. The only issue i have detected is that Network-Manager (In XFCE) doesnt work, and I need to connect wifi by hand in command line.

Thank you very much Andrew.
Thanks. I will try that. Is it stable in keep connecting to the router without any disconnection?

Can anyone also suggest a working ethernet adapter and the url to the product?

·
Registered
20 Posts
A bit compatibility report for USB Wireless dongle: Tried on Pre-Alpha 0.2. Haven't try on Pre-Alpha 0.3

Not working:
Realtek RTL8188CU VID: 0BDA PID: 8176

Working:
ID 148f:3070 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 Wireless Adapter

I can't seem to put e b a y link here.
Anyway. search for "Ralink RT3070 802.11n WiFi USB WIRELESS-N card adapter"

·
Registered
73 Posts
So I add my compatibility report for wifi dongles

Not working
ASUS (USB-N10) wireless-N USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7811Un

Having some issues:
Tp-link TL-WN321G - wlan0 and wlan1 are randomly assigned.
RA5370 (rl2800usb) - connected easily. But connection won't last overnight. In ad-hoc mode, the speed is very very low
(search for "USB Wifi adapter dongle wireless N 150Mbps RA5370 " in e b a y

I have not found a usb dongle working up to my expectation. Any suggestion is welcome.

Does Apple USB Ethernet Adapter work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank AndrewDB for your great work!
I have successfully installed version 0.2 on MK808 purchased from geekbuying. Everything works great so far.
I have one request: please let us know how to change resolution. I am developing an embedded system with a 7 inch lcd screen. So I need to change to a lower resolution to fit the screen. Thanks a lot!

wwy

·
Registered
73 Posts
A bit compatibility report for USB Wireless dongle: Tried on Pre-Alpha 0.2. Haven't try on Pre-Alpha 0.3

Not working:

Working:

Does RT3070 have stable connection?

·
Developer
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Thank AndrewDB for your great work!
I have successfully installed version 0.2 on MK808 purchased from geekbuying. Everything works great so far.
I have one request: please let us know how to change resolution. I am developing an embedded system with a 7 inch lcd screen. So I need to change to a lower resolution to fit the screen. Thanks a lot!

wwy
Hi williamette,
It really depends on how you are going to connect the 7 inch LCD screen to the RK3066. So it may or may not require recompiling the kernel to set the correct resolution, because right now the fbset program (that normally allows changing the resolution of the framebuffer) is not working, for some reason.
I have just begun exploring the configuration of LCD screens on RK3066 tablets, so I may have a simpler solution in a couple of weeks.

·
Developer
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
So I add my compatibility report for wifi dongles

Not working
ASUS (USB-N10) wireless-N USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7811Un

Having some issues:
Tp-link TL-WN321G - wlan0 and wlan1 are randomly assigned.
RA5370 (rl2800usb) - connected easily. But connection won't last overnight. In ad-hoc mode, the speed is very very low
(search for "USB Wifi adapter dongle wireless N 150Mbps RA5370 " in e b a y

I have not found a usb dongle working up to my expectation. Any suggestion is welcome.

Does Apple USB Ethernet Adapter work?
Thanks for your report.

I have slightly edited the third post in this thread (on page 1) to reflect what we know about compatible USB network adapters.

·
Developer
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·

Not working:

Working:

Thanks Soul77, good report!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi williamette,
It really depends on how you are going to connect the 7 inch LCD screen to the RK3066. So it may or may not require recompiling the kernel to set the correct resolution, because right now the fbset program (that normally allows changing the resolution of the framebuffer) is not working, for some reason.
I have just begun exploring the configuration of LCD screens on RK3066 tablets, so I may have a simpler solution in a couple of weeks.
I am connecting a MK808 to a lilliput 7-inch touchscreen lcd via HDMI. Thank you for working on this!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Damn. My power supply blown

Is it not powerful enough to power both UG802 & Wifi Dongle attached to it? 5V 2A should be more than enough rite... Maybe received a lower quality power supply. Anyway, contacting the seller, hopefully he'll send another power supply FOC.

Anyway, before it blown up, I managed to compile ffplay (FFMPEG latest from GIT) with NEON enabled. Need to install the SDL as well.
It can almost play 720p H.264 at full frame just using the CPU cores alone.
Also, I tried to encode h.264 video, and it's almost as fast as Intel Atom N450

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi AndrewDB, you are doing a really great work. I decided to buy MK808 because of your Linux support. I want to use it as a desktop with my old monitor. I just would like to know, which resolutions are possible/supported via HDMI output? My monitor has only 1280x1024 resolution, no 720p or 1080p resolution support. Thank you very much for your answer.

201 - 220 of 234 Posts