Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a 30p connector (2$, Ridax), a 9V voltagestabilizer (50C ), cooling fin, 10V zenerdiode (not necessary but for security), the forementioned pinout, some courage and reading glasses its possible to tinker a cable for external powerssupply and simulteneous usage of usb. Now i can navigate in my car with my tablet and Copilot.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
With a 30p connector (2$, Ridax), a 9V voltagestabilizer (50C ), cooling fin, 10V zenerdiode (not necessary but for security), the forementioned pinout, some courage and reading glasses its possible to tinker a cable for external powerssupply and simulteneous usage of usb. Now i can navigate in my car with my tablet and Copilot.
Could you post a Photo and some more info how you modified the cable?

Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you post a Photo and some more info how you modified the cable?

Thank you.
Hi
I didn't modify a cable but made a new one, a combination of all the three separate cables delivered with the tablet. Used an old housing of a usb to ps2 connector to make all the connections between the cables and to mount a 9V supply connector. At house i use a 9V power adapter and in the car a 12 to 9V adapter. Look at the pinout and it's pretty forward to see what wires has to be connected. A 7 wire cable to the 30pin connector will do (combine grounds).

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts