Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nexus One got the Android 2.2 upgrade, and I can personally attest to it working and being awesome.I doubt it would be possible, even with tweaking, to somehow use the N1 update and slap it on the Eken. More than that is the fact that trying to run 2.2 on the Eken would likely result in any number of horrific deaths/fires/etc.But... has anyone started tinkering/thinking of doing just this?I sent my broken Eken (screen unresponsive to touch but fine otherwise) to someone on this board, I won't say who out of respect for anonymity... but besides this person, does anyone else have a "spare" Eken to be used as a guinea pig? And if not ... maybe if the person I spoke of is willing to reveal themselves and become a testing ground for fantasy ROMs like 2.2, assuming they were going to just rip the unit apart anyway, would there be interest?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi!this next week im geeting my eken and i cant wait to instal the 2.2 room hope i can recibe some help here, and maybe i could do some youtube video to spread the world in the name of the comunity =D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw the performance of the android 2.2 (on emulators and phones), it rocks! Probably this upgrade could be wonderful on EKEN, let us know about your test ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im game to use my eken for testing. Its perfectly fine working, but for $99 all of these Ekens are sort of guinea pigs! If anyone actually bought one of these to use in the real world other than tinkering and toying around it was a bad mistake in that purchase. Its fun to play with for about ten or twenty minutes, then you just get fed up with the lag and end up putting it down and picking up your brand new HTC Evo. or at least thats what i do. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
384 Posts
[quote author=gsx62391 link=topic=288.msg5765#msg5765 date=1275875601]Im game to use my eken for testing. Its perfectly fine working, but for $99 all of these Ekens are sort of guinea pigs! If anyone actually bought one of these to use in the real world other than tinkering and toying around it was a bad mistake in that purchase. Its fun to play with for about ten or twenty minutes, then you just get fed up with the lag and end up putting it down and picking up your brand new HTC Evo. or at least thats what i do. ;D ;D ;D[/quote]Ready meal is always better than cooking...

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote author=Mangraa link=topic=288.msg2447#msg2447 date=1274927500]The Nexus One got the Android 2.2 upgrade, and I can personally attest to it working and being awesome.I doubt it would be possible, even with tweaking, to somehow use the N1 update and slap it on the Eken. More than that is the fact that trying to run 2.2 on the Eken would likely result in any number of horrific deaths/fires/etc.[/quote]I don't think this is possible due to sheer size of 2.2, just take a look at trying to get 2.1 running on the G1...

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote author=IEatCake link=topic=288.msg6026#msg6026 date=1275930704]I don't think this is possible due to sheer size of 2.2, just take a look at trying to get 2.1 running on the G1... [/quote]In fact 2.1 is running on the G1/Dream, look at cm-5.0.7-DS-signed.zip http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/downloads/detail?name=update-cm-5.0.7-DS-signed.zip&can=2&q= from cyanogen. Obviously this is made possible by the fact that part of the OS is actually installed on the "external" SD card

·
Registered
384 Posts
[quote author=seynaeve link=topic=288.msg6201#msg6201 date=1276008608][quote author=IEatCake link=topic=288.msg6026#msg6026 date=1275930704]I don't think this is possible due to sheer size of 2.2, just take a look at trying to get 2.1 running on the G1... [/quote]In fact 2.1 is running on the G1/Dream, look at cm-5.0.7-DS-signed.zip http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/downloads/detail?name=update-cm-5.0.7-DS-signed.zip&can=2&q= from cyanogen. Obviously this is made possible by the fact that part of the OS is actually installed on the "external" SD card[/quote]that is the Nexus One rom I think...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts