Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have bricked by WM8650 but this is my first exposure to an android tablet so I wanted to see if:
  1. Are they brickable?
  2. If not what steps can be done to recover them?

I attempted to load a one of the roms posted to speed it up. It also was having issues connecting to wifi so I wanted to see if it was an issue with the stock software or actually hardware failure. After loading the firmware on my micro SD and booting the tablet the screen went completely white with one black vertical line and hasn't been bootable since. I've tried 3-4 different ROMS listed for the WM8650. (Uberoid, Singularity, Hybrid Uberoid, and Modroid). The most action I see is when it (I'm assuming) is attempting to load a firmware the screen with kind of flicker as though it's trying to display progress but eventually goes to all white with one black line.

Prior to loading anything on it the tablet did function and boot 2.2 but did have issues with it's battery. Won't power on unless power cable is connected. Shuts off if attempting to just run on battery and unplug cable. Not sure if that is at all related but including that in here anyway.

I can post pics/vid later if it will help diagnose what's happening. My only interest in this is to get the tablet functional to sell it. Trying to sell an non working unit isn't worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you figured this out? My WM8650 will only work when its power cable is connected as well, it is very annoying & i'm trying to find the fix to this if there is a fix...but i cannot find anything anywhere on how to resolve the issue...Please let me know if you found out the issue! Thank you

I may have bricked by WM8650 but this is my first exposure to an android tablet so I wanted to see if:
  1. Are they brickable?
  2. If not what steps can be done to recover them?

I attempted to load a one of the roms posted to speed it up. It also was having issues connecting to wifi so I wanted to see if it was an issue with the stock software or actually hardware failure. After loading the firmware on my micro SD and booting the tablet the screen went completely white with one black vertical line and hasn't been bootable since. I've tried 3-4 different ROMS listed for the WM8650. (Uberoid, Singularity, Hybrid Uberoid, and Modroid). The most action I see is when it (I'm assuming) is attempting to load a firmware the screen with kind of flicker as though it's trying to display progress but eventually goes to all white with one black line.

Prior to loading anything on it the tablet did function and boot 2.2 but did have issues with it's battery. Won't power on unless power cable is connected. Shuts off if attempting to just run on battery and unplug cable. Not sure if that is at all related but including that in here anyway.

I can post pics/vid later if it will help diagnose what's happening. My only interest in this is to get the tablet functional to sell it. Trying to sell an non working unit isn't worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.