Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Because of the confusing naming practice at Shanzhai tablet market, and almost always wrong device picture/specification combination by eBay sellers, I try to collect available information from popular android tablets at this moment.If you are expert for this subject, please take a look at on the attached specification table, and point out any incorrect/missing info. I hope after a few round we will have a comprehensive material.If you are beginner who plan to buy an android tablet, I hope this info sheet will help you to distinguish the devices, and find REAL specification for them.(And if you are site admin and think this is a good initiative, please help me keeping this message visible)I will update datasheet regularly...Thank you for helpView datasheet...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@mogrith:Thanks for update, by the way: is there any difference between these VIA (VIA MW8505 350MHz, VIA VM8505 350MHz) [email protected]:Sorry, but I have no experience with Google Docs.On the other hand, I undertake to REGULARLY update the current datasheet while it is necessary and after generate a fancy HTML page (with resized, cropped, improved images) which should be freely available to integrate to slatedroid.com site (if they wish).Temporary I decided to use the current big jpg format because a lot of pictures. Pictures are important parts of this datashhet for easy device identification, because in most cases only the devices I/O-panel on the side differs from others.Thank you Admin for "Sticky" flagIf it is possible to LINK this thread (somehow highlighted) in all popular topics (Eken M001, Eken M003, aPad, ePad, etc) it will help me to focus for this thread only.Otherwise I should manually post request for help in every popular topic, and after manually keep them visible.View Android Tablet Datasheet v3 / 13072010 (same link as above)(sorry for my non-native English)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will add pro(+)/con(-) field for datasheet, so owner-opinions are welcome. Don't hesitate, tell us your experience with these tablets. Thanks.Point of view- hardware (processor, etc) quality- quality of used materials (outer hardware parts), assembling- original and LAST firmware-mod quality (os/services/apps/MARKET functionality/usability)- manufacturer/maker support, future developments (if any)- community support- ???Write about everyday use, are you satisfied with the tablet on the common tasks like: audio/video/ebook viewing, internet browsing (including community sites, main news portals, youtube, twitter, etc), emailing, chatting. What about real battery uptime, android market, international language support, how typical the faulty wifi, missing camera, etc?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Excellent job! This list should be a sticky at the start of every model specific forum. So many people seem to incorrectly identify their tablets which I'm sure is the cause of a lot of 'bricking'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Main is a FR-809, no brand, Chinese generic
8" display, 800 x 600
Touch panel ( Only usable with Stylus)
Freescale IMX 515 800 Mhz Cortex A8
RAM 512 MB
Android 2.2
Stereo Spikers (2)

After reading most of the threads about this tablet i think my unit is not the worst.
Although the touch issue (shakes) makes it unsatisfactory, you can use it to check mail, read eBooks or news, view pictures and some videos including flash. Not all the formats stated in the manual work.

From factory, there is not Market. Thanks to the people contributing here I have rooted, installed Market and so.
I will update firmware when I feel I need it, the original is not perfect but due to the differences between the different makers I'm not going to take the risk flashing the wrong thing for now.

I have read several threads about the shaking problems with this tablets, seem a hardware issue for sure, Chinese companies make crappy staff most of the times but for the prece I paid ............................

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.