Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Before I return this device, is there any solution to poor M001 WiFi? Unable to connect/broken connections? I have 2 routers with excellent signal but this device only connects if I am in the same room as one of them so it is hardly likely to work in the field.Very disappointing. That plus a poor battery life make it a non-starter.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The wifi on my M001 seems to work fine. I don't really have a feel for the range as I'm generally not more than 15 metres from the AP. The battery life is an issue....but I didn't expect much for the price. There are hacks that let you install a better battery if you really want one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Try turning off encryption to is if that helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If Your mobile Broadband reception is better..if youve got itI can recomend MiFi Device (wifi Hot Spot in yer pocket conected to mobile broadband)am using 3 (h3g) in uk but more and more mobile companies are bringing their own verions out..Good Luck

·
Registered
150 Posts
The older revision Ekens had an internal antenna wire that was not routed well, later ones had the wire re-routed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must have an older one then. With a router downstairs I can't even get a connection upstairs directly above, about 4m away. In the same room and 3m away the signal is only medium.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.