Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Just purchased an aPad (epad) thing from the UK and so far been very disappointed. I had to apply a firmware update withing a few hours because of a system crash and the device feels very cheap.Anyway, my main issue at the moment is that the battery life seems very very poor. I was using it for about 2 hours yestaday and it drained down completely. I also found that from a full charge before I went to bed to waking this morning it had drained completely! I thought in sleep mode it was not meant to use much at all!!!Has anyone else found that battery life is bad? Any ways to improve or have I bought a damaged unit?Thanks,Gary

·
Registered
254 Posts
2 hrs constant use seems reasonable. Overnight full discharge in standby is however not my experience - more like somewhere between 24-48 hours on standby.OTOH, aPad/ePad is a name stamped (figuratively) on almost every Android slate out there, so what you have in your hand may well be a completely different beast from what I have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Its the 10.2'' M16 stapped epad.So I presume the quoted 7 hours of video is a load of ** then ;)Any way to improve time in standby? Is it possible to put it to sleep/hibenate?

·
Registered
324 Posts
My aPad does 3 to 5 hours of video with WIFI disabled and screen brightness at 75%.Reading books and comics is 10+ hours.Using the WIFI to browse the internet it's drained within 2 hours (WIFI is battery hog - on any device).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've turned off wifi and allowed it to sleep. The battery is then half drained after about 2 hours. This seems very low.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi I have the same issue , in standby the battery drains , I have not used the device all day and it was fully charged , I had it on standby all day , I came to use it this evening and the battery is at 17% this cant be right , I had wifi turned off and the screen at 25 % as well just in case , the battery life seems very poor ,any answers? , i have charged it overnight twice before using it fully as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Then you should post in another section - this is the aPad forum. "I thought they were all the same? epad, irobot, apad???jasoninertia - how long have you had your device for? Sounds like you have a similar issue. I also have noticed that when I pick up the device while it is in standby the case is quite warm in the bottom right on the back (where the processor is). Therefore I thought it may be due to the processor still ticking over while in stanby. To test I terminated all running processes, turned off wifi and then gave it a couple of hours and found that the battery did not drain. I'm going to carry on playing, but I think it must be one of the background tasks keeping the processor power level too high (my bets are on real player).Cheers,Gary

·
Registered
254 Posts
[quote name='GazzaS;40319]"Then you should post in another section - this is the aPad forum. "I thought they were all the same? epad' date=' irobot, apad???[/QUOTE']No, if you have a look around, you'll find there are different fora for different tablets - aPad is just one of them. There are 3 differnt fora for the three different Eken models, one for Pandigital and so on. The aPad has a 7" screen, RockChip CPU. I really don't know what you have, but since it's a 10.2 inch screen, it's certainly not an aPad.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The various pads feel cheap because they are cheap, your battery could well be a bad one but your pad may just need tweaking/setting up, with brightness turned down and wifi off I can get 6 hours use out of my apad. If I turn everything on/up the battery life is very poor. I also tend to leave my pad on charge overnight.Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its definately an apad:Cheap Android 2.1 - Windows CE iPed - 10.2" WiFi aPad Tablet PC - M16Its the new 10.2 inch one.Anyway, I found it was the Real Player and Gallery background apps keeping the processor working while locked. I have also found that when locked the screen is actually still on (still see light coming from it in darkness). It's like it is at 1% brightness and not completely off. Anyone have any ideas on how to completely turn off the back light?

·
Registered
880 Posts
aPad/iRobot/Moonse e7001: Processor: Rockchip 2808aSpeed: 600MHz + DSPRam: 128MBDisplay: 7"Resolution: 800x480OS: Android 1.5BTW: Traders love to use not copyrighted terms to boost hits in google and sales to people that dont know exactly what they are searching for.What makes your pad NOT an aPad/iRobot/Moonse e7001:processor: M16Speed: 1GHz (for me unconfirmed)Ram: 256MBDisplay: 10.2"Resolution: 1024x600 OS: Android 2.1The devices are seperated in the Forum so that those who have a certain device do not have to search the full forum to get information.For example in this section close to no one will have specific information on your pad since it is more probably an 'Orphan 16+' then a aPad.But if you want to be certain... try to flash a aPad firmware on your device.(but dont cry if it bricks)

·
Registered
34 Posts
hya gary , I have found that all widgets need to be removed as they all eat the battery , turn off wifi and the sound and brightness down to 75% and the battery lasts a hell of a lot longer , but using it like that kind of defeats the objective of having a tablet android pc , im very dissapointed with the battery , but when I compare it to my netbook its not bad I suppose , I only get two hours out of my samsung nc10 as I only have a 3 cell battery. plus the price of the thing compared to an ebook reader is just brilliant , plus it does so much more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Last week i got 10.2'' apad from xxxxxxxxx.com
10.2'' APad Google Android 2.1 Tablet PC 3G HD Touch Screen 1GHZ CPU UMPC

i want to update to 2.2, can :confused:

Links removed by Moderator

Do NOT post links to your own business, that's spamming!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts