Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an Eken M002 which was seemingly falsely advertised to support GPS and 3G modem dongles. I created a USB host cable as described in the Slatedroid.com forums, which seems to provide device power to various USB devices. The devices do not cause any type of response on the tablet when plugged in, thumb drives cannot be browsed in the file manager etc.Upon further forum reading, I have found that others suggest the Android OS will not support the devices I need (GPS / 3G dongles) in order to make use of this device. Please correct me if I am wrong.In order to accomplish the goals required for our organization's custom application, we require a tablet which supports 3G and GPS, preferably hooked up to USB connections, allowing the receivers to be placed on the dashboard or roof of our trucks for optimum reception.Any suggestions on a tablet which would accomplish these goals would be appreciated. Thanks!-- Grant

·
Registered
59 Posts
i think hsg-x5a, haipad/gpad and zenithink models support some 3g using usb donglethere are only 2 gps one like wits a81/81e and there is one that looks like haipad on top, but a basic china mp4 player on back that says gps, but never seen anyone with one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.