Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a rockchip apad and have the following problems with it can anyone help me solve them, I need to see if they are solvable or not so I can see if I need to send the apad back within the refund time.1. the g sensor does not work even after enabling it2. HD videos work but seem to be slow like they are buffering3. keypad has chinese characters, I want to turn it into complete english keypad, this problem will not let me connect via wifi as it does not let me type the @ key. I have gone into settings and changed the language to english.Would really appreciate if someone can help.

·
Registered
880 Posts
1. should work... in some firmwares it does not work in the main screen but in the settings it should work.2. in my experience fluent 720p playback is not posible 'normal' video should be better.3. find a place you can input text (not the google widget) and press and kold for 2-3 seconds. a popup shpuld show where you can choose the input method, choose the android standard keyboard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your help, managed to change keypad. I guess I will have to deal with the HD prob if its an overall problem. g sensor still not working, did do it in an app but lasted a few secs then went to langscape,was only able to change it when flat not elevated. can you help on this. again thanks for the keypad help.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hmm, it turns when you put it on a flat surface?So it sounds like the G-Sensor is build in with the wrong orientation. =(I am sorry, but i dont know of a way to calibrate the g-sensor at the moment,maybe google or someone else can help you further.Probably you can get better results on 720p if you convert the video to a lower bitrate but that is always too much trouble for me,i just want to download and watch my tv shows '^^

·
Registered
254 Posts
IMO, it's rather silly to play 720p material on a screen 480 pixels high. Just a waste of file size. Better to use a lower resolution (preferably native 800x480) and a higher bitrate - that will give you better video quality (on this device).

·
Registered
880 Posts
ZilverZurfan you are absolutely right o_OShould be obvious with just one look at the screen resolution If you throw higher resolutions at the aPad it will need to downsize it 'on the fly'that will cost processor power and picture quality.Thanks for running my nose into that ^^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone, youre right seems unnecessary to play HD ona small screen as the normal ones are good quality anyway. The things I cant seem to resolve is the g sensor and wifi, is this a common problem or is it just the apad I have?

·
Registered
254 Posts
What's your wifi problem? I got the impression it was somehow related to not being able to enter the "@" character (perhaps part of the passphrase?).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts