Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,I bought this from eBay through a US based seller and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with identifying my device. Besides the Based on the specs I am posting below, is my device an epad or something else? Can I use the working modded ROMs for epad on this? As can be seen below, it is a VIA chip (VIA + 533Mhz) and when I went into the "About Device" screen, below are the details I got:Memory Size: 128MBModel number: genericFirmware version: 1.6Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirtyBuild number: 1.7.4Image 1 (Specs)
Image 2 (Ports)
Image 3 (Screen)
Image 4 (Back)
Thank you all and I look forward to learning and sharing with you all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote name='asterix;32171]Thanks for responding' date=' they look alike but mine doesn't have the middle port that looks like an iPad connector.[/QUOTE'] I have the same one... none of the roms work for me. The Eken ones load but buttons and screen do not work. The Fly Touch ones simply would not get past the "updating file system" part when flashing...My device is now bricked unless there is a working rom. Anybody help?Would really appreciate it if anyone can show me a rom that works.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it is another kind of the epad, one without the camera. It has same build number (1.7.4) and has lower ramBut I am not sure

·
Registered
5 Posts
interestingly, mine has a camera.The best working rom so far is the M002 rom. Where the screen can be unlocked with the power button, but all other buttons do not work. Touch screen of course would not work. Any ideas on how to make it work?

·
Registered
34 Posts
sorry i thought yours didnt have, as I didnt see that in the specs list[quote name='liquifire;33104]interestingly' date=' mine has a camera.The best working rom so far is the M002 rom. Where the screen can be unlocked with the power button, but all other buttons do not work. Touch screen of course would not work. Any ideas on how to make it work?[/QUOTE']

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
liquifire;33051 said:
I have the same one... none of the roms work for me. The Eken ones load but buttons and screen do not work. The Fly Touch ones simply would not get past the "updating file system" part when flashing...My device is now bricked unless there is a working rom. Anybody help?Would really appreciate it if anyone can show me a rom that works.
Hi Liquifire,I'm glad someone has an identical device as I have. I've been worried that I might be the odd ball around here.
Sorry to hear your system is now bricked.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote name='mhmd;33067]I think it is another kind of the epad' date=' one without the camera. It has same build number (1.7.4) and has lower ramBut I am not sure[/QUOTE'] Mine comes with a camera (supposedly 1.3M)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name='liquifire;33104]interestingly' date=' mine has a camera.The best working rom so far is the M002 rom. Where the screen can be unlocked with the power button, but all other buttons do not work. Touch screen of course would not work. Any ideas on how to make it work?[/QUOTE'] Mine has a camera also (1.3MP) as listed in the specs I posted in the posting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If someone can tell me the steps to do a ROM dump/backup, I'd gladly do it to help.Btw, I noticed this thread for the Orphan M70003 and the specs of firmware the guy listed as the original firmware for M70003 is identical to the specs of the firmware of my device. You might want to try it.http://www.slatedroid.com/orphan-m7003/3689-m7003-firmware1-6-here.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone help with procedures of rom dump?Would really appreciate it...Meanwhile, I'll try the M70003 rom over the weekend. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote name='liquifire;35938]Can someone help with procedures of rom dump?Would really appreciate it...Meanwhile' date=' I'll try the M70003 rom over the weekend. Thanks![/QUOTE'] Any luck with the M70003 ROM?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there any software out there to identify the chipset of the ePad?I bought one while i was in China, all it says on the box is 7" MID.It's horribly slow!! I practically cannot run any games on it because it's too darn slow.I'm trying to find out why.When i o to about device, here's what i got.Memory Size: 256MBModel Number: genericFirmware version: 1.6kernel: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirtyBuild Number: 1.8.2Is that the latest version? Ive been reading 1.8.2 is latest...but it's still unuseable at the very least...super laggy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts