Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
These are two Play installers for the new Skytex Imagine series. TRhey can be used to install through USB and ADB drivers or Wirelessly with the included ADB Wireless app also included.

Please read the instructions for installing the in the READ ME FIRST FILE before installing.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The wireless install does require you to make an edit in the wireless section of the Get_Play install .bat file just follow the instructions. To edit the file you just right click and choose edit.

This should be a clean install and is not intended to fix a bad Play install.

Get_Play ICS

Get_Play JellyBean

Full credit to EquivocacyE for the install, I edited in the wireless. Still working on a full Gapps Suit installer/

Please remember you are rooting your device at your own risk. Botched firmware, root, or Play installs are not covered under your warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!

This is pretty nooby, but could someone point me to a (credible) link to rooting Jellybean? I got the Imagine 7, and I'm not sure if the same rules apply with this as well as the new nexi.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

This is pretty nooby, but could someone point me to a (credible) link to rooting Jellybean? I got the Imagine 7, and I'm not sure if the same rules apply with this as well as the new nexi.

Thanks in advance.
It should already be rooted. Try installing file manager like ES or Root Explorer and test read/write. In ES you have to turn on Root Option in settings

·
Registered
10 Posts
It should already be rooted. Try installing file manager like ES or Root Explorer and test read/write. In ES you have to turn on Root Option in settings
Unfortunately, as I just picked up an Imagine 7, I can verify that it is not rooted out of the box. However, as a relative newb myself I am also curious as to what the best method for rooting this device is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, Wireless ADB claimed my device isn't rooted and refused to work for me. The wired approach didn't work for me because both the ADB drivers included in the ZIP and those available at the Skytex Web site don't seem to actually be compatible with my device.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. The drivers should work as they are not device specific but the drivers from the Android SDK. But I am going to look into rooting solutions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting. The drivers should work as they are not device specific but the drivers from the Android SDK. But I am going to look into rooting solutions.
I'm giving the Bin4ry method a shot when I get to my windows box, I'll create a new thread if I am successful so as not to get off topic with this one. And thanks Kairnage, you'll very likely have success before I do, so thanks for the trouble.

·
Registered
9 Posts
These are two Play installers for the new Skytex Imagine series. TRhey can be used to install through USB and ADB drivers or Wirelessly with the included ADB Wireless app also included.

Please read the instructions for installing the in the READ ME FIRST FILE before installing.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The wireless install does require you to make an edit in the wireless section of the Get_Play install .bat file just follow the instructions. To edit the file you just right click and choose edit.

Get_Play ICS

Get_Play JellyBean

Full credit to EquivocacyE for the install, I edited in the wireless. Still working on a full Gapps Suit installer/

Please remember you are rooting your device at your own risk. Botched firmware, root, or Play installs are not covered under your warranty.
nOOb here. where is the read me first file?

·
Registered
9 Posts

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Get_Play ICS

Get_Play JellyBean

Used your suggestions and the links and got my SKYTEX Imagine 10 rooted and play store installed. Thanks a bunch! I'm now able to download my fav apps. I will send people to this link.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Used your suggestions and the links and got my SKYTEX Imagine 10 rooted and play store installed. Thanks a bunch! I'm now able to download my fav apps. I will send people to this link.
Great, keep an eye here because I will start working on a custom ROM soon to get us by until the JellyBean update.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts