Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2 Pandigital Planets for my kids. I want to be able to put games on there for them. They love Angry Birds the most. I installed Amazon App Store, and then installed Angry Birds, but it keeps crashing after the opening screen. I found that this happened with a couple other games as well that I installed. Some games will work fine. From my reading it look like there are a couple versions of the Planet, older one that has 256MB RAM, and runs 2.2.1, and a new one that has 512MB RAM and runs 2.3.4. Is this correct? I think I may have the older ones, since it has 2.2.1. Are the older units not good at runnning some games? Would I be better off returning these and getting the newer version elsewhere? I want to root these, and open them up, but want to start with the right device first. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just bought 2 Pandigital Planets for my kids. I want to be able to put games on there for them. They love Angry Birds the most. I installed Amazon App Store, and then installed Angry Birds, but it keeps crashing after the opening screen. I found that this happened with a couple other games as well that I installed. Some games will work fine. From my reading it look like there are a couple versions of the Planet, older one that has 256MB RAM, and runs 2.2.1, and a new one that has 512MB RAM and runs 2.3.4. Is this correct? I think I may have the older ones, since it has 2.2.1. Are the older units not good at runnning some games? Would I be better off returning these and getting the newer version elsewhere? I want to root these, and open them up, but want to start with the right device first. Thanks in advance
I have the 256MB RAM version which I got as a gift (otherwise I would return it) - I highly recommend that you return it as I have tried to load quite a few games and just about all of them crash - I have basically given up on using this for anything other than web browsing and watching movies (at least that works well)
The 512 MB version running 2.3.4 apparently is much better

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I ordered 2 more from Walmart. The specs on the website say its the 512, 2.3.4 version, so hopefully it's accurate. Yeah I loaded 4 games on them, and only 1 works. The reviews on these devices was mixed, but they seem pretty decent. I was pretty happy with the surfing, and they play YouTube videos pretty well. Front and rear cameras seem to work good, not the best quality, but much better than the Leap Pad's that I originally bought the kids. Plus I am digging the HDMI output. Seems like some real good features for the money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts