Android Tablets Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
evelhorn, you said that it didn't do that when you bought it.
Well, this is a little strange.
It happens to me from the begining...
And as I know it happens to all of as (with PiPo U8 at least).
It happens to my iPhone 3Gs too, that I have from 2009.
I think it's just normal. Not an issue...

By the way, I would greatly appreciate if you tell me how to open PiPo U8.
what is the best way to open it without marks and smash?
From where to start and what to be careful?

Do I need a cupping? And what other tool is useful?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man, I would have swore this tablet didn't boot when plugged in when I first got it but I've been wrong before. Maybe I just didn't notice. I think the best way to take the u8 apart is to get a very hard plastic putty knife or something like that, I start at one of the corners and gently slide it into the seam separating top and bottom. Then wiggle it up and down like a prybar but in short half inch motions. You will hear and see it pop apart in that area, work your way around the case repeating this and you will soon see the inside of your u8. If this isn't clear enough for you I will upload a video

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was going to make a video on taking apart my u8 but I'm having a hard time finding the plastic putty knife I use to separating the case. I will make and upload one tomorrow, sorry for the wait.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well... make the video when you find your plastic putty knife.
I'm in no hurry to open U8 right now anyway.
Nevertheless, waiting anxiously your video...

·
Registered
10 Posts
To open the Pipo U8, you should first remove your µSD card, then you should better start in the middle of a long edge. You can use a suction cup on de sreen near to the edge just to separate a little bit the to parts, then use your nails to open the tablet by sliding all around the gap.
To put it back, you put the parts is place (especially on the edge with nobbes and plugs), the use someting thin like a credit card to push on the clips before pressing on the whole surface of the tablette. Doing like this, you will keep your clips safe.

I hope you understood everything, because English is not my mother tongue and I'm quite tired right now ><

·
Registered
22 Posts
theophae, thanks for your suggestions.
Of course we are waiting for evelhorn's video to see some things in practice.
But your comment is really useful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The advice about the µSD card comes from the fact I broke my µSD slot like this ><!
If something like this happen to any of you, I can give you the reference of the component (http://youtu.be/pdz5kCaCRFM.com/itm/10-PCS-TransFlash-TF-Micro-SD-Card-Socket-Adapter-Automatic-Push-Push-Type-/251162897630).
Considering I will have to fix my Pipo at the µSD slot, I'm less scared to continue my old project about changing the WiFi antenna buy a better one (http://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/0479502001_ANTENNAS.xml). I will give you more information if I really do it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I finally made that video. You'll have to excuse my dog barking toward the end. And I went ahead and used a regular putty knife, but I have to stress that I don't recommend doing this with out some tool a little less hard and not made of metal, I opened mine a few times and have gotten pretty bold, and maybe a little stupid. You should be able to get the gest of how to easily open it from this video.You can watch it at
I would like to point out that I'm just barely pushing the edge of the tool into the seam and gently rocking until the catch separates

·
Registered
22 Posts
...the reference of the component (http://youtu.be/pdz5kCaCRFM.com/itm/10-Pcs-Push-Push-Type-TransFlash-TF-Micro-SD-Card-Socket-Adapter-Automatic-/171026453695).
theophae, the above link doesn't work.

evelhorn, thanks for the video. It's really helpful.

I think a sucker could help the opening, so I decided to make an order of this Tool Kid:
BEST-288 12 in 1 Opening Repair Tool Phone Disassemble Tools set Kit For iPhone iPad HTC Cell Phone Tablet PC
I hope to be pretty hard for the case. Rather than soft plastic as usual...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know why, but the reply editor modify my link. Maybe it will work if you copy paste this :
www.###########.com/itm/10-PCS-TransFlash-TF-Micro-SD-Card-Socket-Adapter-Automatic-Push-Push-Type-/251162897630

Slatedroid is cesuring E B A Y links, so you can just replace ########### by E B A Y

·
Registered
56 Posts
The link works for me, I tried it several times and it worked every time. Is it showing up on your screen properly? You can also go to YouTube and search pipo u8 case opening. Oops was you referring to my link or me other one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I whatch evelhorn's video just to see how he opened his Pipo U8 and I think that his method is not very good. You risk to let some traces on the edges. My method is better, just use a sucker and a credit card and when you've gotten an edge opened, just use your nail to pull off the back gently.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Theophae I made it quite clear that I highly reccomend using a plastic tool when opening any tablet case. You can even purchase one designed for this. I used what I had handy at the time. I would like to make very clear that if you have little to no experience in electronics do not try to open your tablet with out the proper equipment. Also in my opinion, suction cups are risky. I say this as a person with an associates degree in computer science's, with A+ and C+ certifications. This being said, I think there are still many people in this forum with out a degree that are still more knowledgeably than me when it comes to tablets

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with you that you method is good if you use a plastic tool. My point was to avoid using a metalic one.
Other thing: I try to change my wifi antenna and I succeed to do it, but I got a worst signal ><!
However, I've taken a good antenna from Molex (http://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/0479502001_ANTENNAS.xml&channel=Products). My guess is that Pipo optimize there softaware with the frequency response of their own antenna, so a different one is inefficient.
Luckily I succeed to replace the antenna with the old one although it was half broken (I had to solder to torn parts of the antenna together. I am so relieved that it works just as good as before.
So my advice is: Don't try replacing Pipo'antenna. But if you do it anyway and you get a good result, please tell us.
While I was opening my Pipo U8, I did something else which is this isolation of the flash LED. I don't know if you noticed that but the camera is blinded by the flash when you use it. To avoid that, I just isolate it with a bit of foam. The result is perfect. No more leak of light inside the tablet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is kind of outside the topic of this thread but I wanted to point out that I installed a Nintendo DS emulator on my u8 that wouldn't run worth a crap on my previous tablet and it runs flawlessly on the u8. No lag what so ever. The only downfall is the screen is too good for the graphics that was native on the DS and believe me it certainly is noticeable. And that is not a complaint

101 - 118 of 118 Posts