Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi received mine today worked fine for 2 hours then started having issues tried to install antutu wouldn't work tried to shut it down noting happened it went to sleep mode. Can't power it on anymore. Any advices?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi received mine today worked fine for 2 hours then started having issues tried to install antutu wouldn't work tried to shut it down noting happened it went to sleep mode. Can't power it on anymore. Any advices?
Push and hold 'Reset' for 5 seconds. You'll need a pin or something similar.

EDIT: Wait, you mean you wiped the Android and didn't replace it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
install the latest firmware from pipo and try it for a little time , to see if all are ok.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do I need to go to recovery mode on my U8 to install the rockchip driver to my windows computer?
no, just plug it in and choose the drivers for the tablet. you can find them inside the riley roms and is says how to make them work properly (inside the pdf and the txt)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thinking about buying a U8, but what cover are you all using?
Does the tablet have magnets for waking the screen up and stuff?
How loud is the front speaker? It seems like the only tablet 7-8" with front speaker

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thinking about buying a U8, but what cover are you all using?
Does the tablet have magnets for waking the screen up and stuff?
How loud is the front speaker? It seems like the only tablet 7-8" with front speaker
i was using one that they give me for free and now i also use a belkin for ipad mini but you can find some here also i want to try a silicon one (maybe for ipad if they dont make one for pipo )
i dont know about the magnets the speaker is not very loud but you can hear it very well even in a room with a lot of noise cause is at the front and is aiming at you

but the battery is the best that you can find out there it can hold more than a day and up to 11-12 hours continuous surfing the web

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah Iam not too happy with the new firmware, I don't like the pipo launcher so i use the default android,I noticed that depending on the screen orientation the size of the buttons are different, also they still haven't made the default landscape position to have the camera on top so on most apps i have to flip it around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The default Landscape orientation is a bit of annoying. Shame they haven't fixed it yet. The launcher I don't care about. Just use a launcher of your preference. Could you tell us a little bit more about the changes in the new release? Is for instance Multi-user now standard? And does the U8 now support multi-windowing?

Do you need to do any wipes btw when installing or is installing without any loss of data and apps possible without making a backup first?

·
Registered
7 Posts
No multi user yet, does have multi window which seems to work fine but would be better suited to a high res screen. also iam using just the stock android launcher and what bothers me is the virtual buttons getting bigger or smaller depending on the orientation, this was not like that on the original firmware. i did upgrade on the rockchip utility not restore and all my data was gone, didn't back up with google but no biggie. other changes include a new ebook app that forces the wrong orientation when opening a ebook also has rk multi player which is the default video player, and the pipo launcher has a certificate service that you can't stop from running even after you delete the pipo launcher.

In conclusion i wish pipo would give up on their poor win8 launcher and concentrate more on uniformity and fix the orientation problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks BigTroll....

I did contact them on the orientation issue, but they did not understand my concern replying 'You can set the rotation to default in android' ... Well duh ;-)

I have btw been able to enable Multi user by using 2 applications called 'Multi-User App Share' & '4.2 Multiple User Enabler Root'. Rooting is needed and if you restart the tablet you have to launch '4.2 Multiple User Enabler Root' again, but it is working pretty awesome for my (and my girlfriend who is the other user)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've had mine for a couple weeks now and it's developed a strange problem. If the tablet is off and I plug in the charger it turns on, and if I have it on with the charger plugged in and turn it off it boots right back up. WTF
hey I was hoping someone would maybe offer some help on how to correct this. Any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had mine for a couple weeks now and it's developed a strange problem. If the tablet is off and I plug in the charger it turns on, and if I have it on with the charger plugged in and turn it off it boots right back up. WTF
hey I was hoping someone would maybe offer some help on how to correct this. Any input would be appreciated
I know older pipo rk3066 devices would do this, if my s1 was off and plugged in then it would start right up, and if i shut it down while plugged in it would just reboot. this might have not been fixed with the u8 rk3188, i'll have to test this later. However this was normal behavior on the older devices so i wouldn't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, what's weird is I positive it wasn't doing this when I first got it. I believe it started after the last official update. Since then I have factory reset it and flashed a rooted ROM and it still does it. To be honest I'm surprised I was able to flash it, but somehow it loaded the ROM.

·
Registered
68 Posts
it's something that pipo change with the latest firmware i dont think that you can do something about it , maybe you can flash other roms and check if they do the same thing . try maybe the Oma Rocks Rom (link)

61 - 80 of 118 Posts