Resolution 1024*768
Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB
Camera Front 2.0MP
Back is 5.0MP
WIFI Wifi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth Support Bluetooth 4.0
Gravity Sensor Support
Flash Support Flash 11.1
3G Not built in,support external 3G dongle: E1916, ZTEAC2736, HUAWEI E1750, HUAWEI EC122, HUAWEI EM770W
Audio MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
Ebook ANSI,UNECODE,TXT,PDF,HTML,FB2,PDB,EPUB
Picture JPG,GIF,BMP,PNG
Video RM,RMVB,AVI,WMV,MOV,MKV,DAT,MPEG,3GP,TS,FLASH,HTML,MP4,VOB,DIVX,FLV
Language Support For Multiple Languages
Microphone built-in microphone
Speaker built-in stereo speaker
I/O Port 1*Mini USB 2.0 port
1*3.5mm Earphone port
1*TF Card port
1*Mini HDMI port
Battery 4800mAh/3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Weight 370g
Size 200*137*8.5mm
PackageIncluded 1 x Tablet PC
1 x USB Cable
1 x Charger
1 x Adapter (the adapter depend on the country of the buyer.)

Sounds promising, already saw it in Aliexpress.com

·
Registered
211 Posts
looks great on paper. Can't wait to read some reviews. Man, its getting harder and harder by the day to decide what to buy!

I find it here at Banggood for 189 plus possibly 15% off. $160 seems like a good price.
http://www.banggood.com/PIPO-U8-Quad-Core-RK3188-1_6GHz-7_85-Inch-IPS-16GB-Android-4_2-Tablet-p-76422.html

Problem is it lets me add it to cart but when I check cart, its empty.
No way to actually pre-order it I guess

The M7pro looks good on paper as well, but I really hate that cheesy looking piece of metal they threw on the back. I'd prefer that it was just all plastic.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are 2 new movies from ShadySpammers on youtube from today.
One is with full antutu score and it gets more then 17000 score.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Please note that the Standby Time of RK3188 tablets aren't really that great at the moment.

Drains approximately 1% per hour.

Apparently this has dual band wifi too though.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Is this based on experience or from other sources?
Dual band wifi is from Pipo official website.

Battery idling drain is from experience.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got my U8 now. It's brilliant so far, except the WiFi which has a range of about 2.5m. That's 2.5 metres until it's cuts off. Full reception can be achieved within 10cm of my router. It's an N router (Virgin Media Superhub 2012).

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've got my U8 now. It's brilliant so far, except the WiFi which has a range of about 2.5m. That's 2.5 metres until it's cuts off. Full reception can be achieved within 10cm of my router. It's an N router (Virgin Media Superhub 2012).
wow, is everyone having this terrible wifi range? the tablets I have now are getting at least 30-40 ft range. 2.5 meters makes it almost unusable for me, with router in basement of two story house

·
Registered
32 Posts
wow, is everyone having this terrible wifi range? the tablets I have now are getting at least 30-40 ft range. 2.5 meters makes it almost unusable for me, with router in basement of two story house
I've not read of anyone else having the problem, but I have heard it is a common problem with Chinese tablets generally. Especially if they have a metal case - which this does.

I've emailed Pipo to ask if it is a hardware problem or something that can at least be improved in software. It's almost unusable for me too. I expect it will be for anyone. I'm very surprised they'd let it leave the factory in this state though.

UPDATE: I've changed my router from 2.4GHz 144Mbps to 5GHz 300Mbps. The max range is now about 5m and I get 4 bars within 50cm. A massive improvement in terms of percentage, but still quite rubbish. Still no connection from downstairs of course (router is upstairs).

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's strange, in this review wi-fi was described as good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thinking allso about buying a Pipo U8. Want to use it for couch surfing, reading an ebook, reading mail and bring it with me on vacation. I was just wondering... what is the difference between the Pipo U8, Chuwi v88 and the Vido Mini One. They all look the same and the hardware is allmost the same.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts