Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-

Bought the Pipo S2 on the strength of Romans review and don't regret it however a Pipo S2 recovery facility for Nandroid backups and updates is needed. (DarkRick and Roman must be very busy) so I thought it might be a good idea for someone to set up this thread and make some progress.

I've found Orange Backup app which saves and zips a Nandroid Backup to sdcard quite quickly.
Also Romdump and Ultimate Backup as other options pc based.

Next step is to set up the S2 to be able to restore Nandroid backups ;=)

Volume + key & Power button brings up Recovery Mode but there is nothing in it. I need to check the partitions to see whether Pipo have at least setup the recovery partition even if empty. I think this is the first tablet I've had with no recovery menu options which is a great shame considering.

Also need to look at RKBatchTool maybe. I don't understand why even updates have to involve complete wipe of system/reinstall. Previous tablets was able to browse to root level of external sdcard and select update zip from it. RKBatchTool has a Flash mode which maybe is worth a look. (Moborobo may also be worth looking at).

I'll update progress as and when and hopefully others will chip in so we can get it sorted together

-

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts