Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
TNT Release 2 for the the PiPo Max M2 3G tablet is now released!

Changes from Stock:
-Based on stock 3G rom 1108 (DS973H)
-Fixed Build.prop for better market access (SGH-i777)
-Fixed framework.jar per dragon dev's Christian Troy's excellent advice for better Gameloft compatibility.
-Permissions fixes for improved app compatibility
-Removed all Chinese apps
-Expanded app partition to 2 GB
-Rooted
-Added root explorer, superSu, videoediter, gallery with picasa support, docs2go, ESfile Explorer, Genie Widget, english dictionary fix, Signal Booster
-Prettier and simpler boot animation

Official Release 2 Firmware now available! Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click, "Pipo Max M2 +3G TNT Release 2 Firmware Image" to download the firmware image.

Also, the default home page for "browser" is set to our site's custom google search. You can change this if you like, or support free firmware releases from us by using it =).

Kind Regards,

Roman

PSS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on my site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will this work on just the m2 wifi version? If not, any plans to release one for just M2 with wifi?

Thanks for all you do

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will this work on just the m2 wifi version? If not, any plans to release one for just M2 with wifi?

Thanks for all you do
Right now it is just the 3G version. Grab me a reliable download link with the latest M2 WiFi version stock firmware though and I will give it a shot

Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
137 Posts
thanks roman for ur effort..will try it over the week end and let u know..kindly add that its based on the latest firmware DSH973h 20121108

before i try it out can u just tell me how to hard reset the pipo m2 3g so that i can go back to stock firware if there are problems..

regards

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks roman for ur effort..will try it over the week end and let u know..kindly add that its based on the latest firmware DSH973h 20121108

before i try it out can u just tell me how to hard reset the pipo m2 3g so that i can go back to stock firware if there are problems..

regards
You would need a copy of the stock firmware and you would have to flash your unit with it to go backwards. There is probably a reset button your can pres somewhere on the device. I don't sell the M2 3G so I am not overly familiar with it. Our UK partner does though. You can reach him at [email protected]

Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
137 Posts
installed this rom today..works without any problems..the install went fine and fast..only difficulty was installing the drivers first..

thank u roman/magicina/dansplans and all the TNT team..

i hope u get down to selling more tablets in the near future..please keep up the good work and support for the community..

hope we shall have a 4.2 stock rom for this pipo m2 max and a TNT version 3 as well

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed TNT2 and i am happy with it. I do not see extreme improvements, maybe a bit smoother and better compatibility (no errors on AppTalk with TNT2, they pop up with stock firmware).
Chrome still crashes and, when recharging, tablet is unusable (touchscreen goes crazy).

Anyway i sincerely thank you, roman. I really appreciate your work and hope there will be your support also on future updates.

P.S.
just a question: what is this app for?

·
Registered
137 Posts
dont see that app image u asked? is it that single chinese app?

my tablet works fine while charging..even played need for speed on charge..

played mortal combat 3 (gameloft)..working fine..

but unable to charge if switched off..it gets on by itself when i connect to charge..
can u charge with switched?

·
Registered
137 Posts
not sure about that app..

roman how to increase the "TXpower" in the build.prop file?
This should give more power to the wifi transmitter and get better signal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Roman,

First let me thank you for this great ROM, it works like a charm!

I have a question:
-Why did you choose a phone to modify the build.prop (GS2) instead of a tablet one?

Don't you think it can cause incompatibility or wrong apps (phone ones instead of tablet ones) to be installed on the tablet?

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
roman does this rom have iwconfig..can i use wifi Tx power app to increase the wifi of my max m2 with this rom?

regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
Brought M23G last week and everything seemed to be OK based on the stock ROM.
Chrome, 3G, all players etc etc

SD card also works fine......but only for a few hours. After so long (4-5hrs) the device seems to forget the card is mounted and cannot recognise it. It still lists files that are on the card (e.g if open videos it can see them) but when trying to play them they start and then immediate freeze.

The only solution is to remove the card (incorrectly - i.e no option to safely unmount it as the device does not recognise that it is mounted) and re-insert it. It is then ok for a few more hours until the whole process needs to be repeated.

Does this Custom ROM fix this problem ?

Are there any 'bugs' with this ROM which may be worth considering before deciding to Flash ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi M23Gnewby, i have formatted my SD card in NTFS (using my computer) and it is working fine with TNT firmware.
Anyway, keep in mind that these low-cost RK3066 tablet have issues working with 32 Gb SD cards (both with stock and with TNT, as far as i know).

I suggest to install TNT2, it does not make radical changes, but i feel the tablet works better overall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi M23Gnewby, i have formatted my SD card in NTFS (using my computer) and it is working fine with TNT firmware.
Anyway, keep in mind that these low-cost RK3066 tablet have issues working with 32 Gb SD cards (both with stock and with TNT, as far as i know).

I suggest to install TNT2, it does not make radical changes, but i feel the tablet works better overall.
Thanks Lazyboy00

I was concious about the SD card problems at 32Gb, so I actually only bought a 16Gb....this is the one causing thr problems.

Is it really staright forward to install the TNT ROM ?
I'm really new to this and extremely worried about brickin the tablet

1 - 20 of 35 Posts