Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
TNT Release 1 for the NEW PCBA of the PiPo M2 MAX 3G tablet has now been made!

Changes from Stock:
-Based on Jelly Bean stock 3G rom 0924 for the new PCBA
-Fixed Build.prop for better market access (SGH-i777)
-Fixed framework.jar per dragon dev's Christian Troy's excellent advice for better Gameloft compatibility.
-Permissions fixes for improved app compatibility
-Removed all stupid Chinese apps
-Expanded app partition to 2 GB
-Rooted
-Added root explorer, superSu, videoediter, gallery with picasa support, google drive, docs2go, ESfile Explorer, Genie Widget, english dictionary fix, Signal Booster, Apex launcher
-Prettier and simpler boot animation

Official Release 1 Firmware now available! Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click, "Pipo Mix M2 +3G TNT Release 1 Firmware Image" to download the firmware image.

Also, the default home page for "browser" is set to our site's custom google search. You can change this if you like, or support free firmware releases from us by using it =).

Kind Regards,

Roman

PSS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on my site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roman, do you know what they mean tell about new PCBA?
Some device has DS975 in Build number of Android and some DS973. What number is more new?
On your fw tablet has problem of "non out of sleep" or "sleep of death"?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roman, do you know what they mean tell about new PCBA?
Some device has DS975 in Build number of Android and some DS973. What number is more new?
On your fw tablet has problem of "non out of sleep" or "sleep of death"?
The USA site doesn't actually carry this device. The firmware was built primarily for our UK branch that does. My UK partner flashed it and said it worked well but that is the extent of testing.

I am not sure what the difference is in motherboards
or how to tell the difference short of just attempting to flash firmware.

Sorry, I won't be much good for answering questions on this build

Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use 32gb with Decontaminate. Every time I reload tablet sd goes r/o ( in root explorer mount to r/w and all works till next reload

Отправлено с моего Decontaminate V2.1 через Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have flashed this rom and it appears very good. I have been unable to get my 3g working in the UK on stock or this rom, rom does not allow me to save apn and does not scan my sim card. Stock fw did at least scan the f/w there is no option to turn on the 3g module either. Anyone else resolved or had this problem. I am on O2 uk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have flashed this rom and it appears very good. I have been unable to get my 3g working in the UK on stock or this rom, rom does not allow me to save apn and does not scan my sim card. Stock fw did at least scan the f/w there is no option to turn on the 3g module either. Anyone else resolved or had this problem. I am on O2 uk.
I have the same problem in spain, with this rom the apn doesn't save. In decontaminate works perfect.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Like others, in decontaminate v2.4 3g works. But both firmwares i have noted random freezes on certain games that i was able to run on my A10 no problem. The games are killer bean and gun strike neither are gameloft games and don't look to graphically intense.

Is there some kind of graphic setting i can change?

·
Registered
137 Posts
is installing the decontamineate different from installing the TNT version 1 rom as shown on tnt website?

which of the 2 is better?
how do i go about flashing with decontaminate...should i install CWM and from where?
steps please to install..

·
Registered
22 Posts
This looks like a common problem. I also have no 3G on TNT f/w. Also Menu button doesn't work or volume down button. Bought from TNT UK last week. Messaged them on Friday and waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
the latest fimware for the max3G model which i got today is ..DSH975 20121106

anyone have this firmware for ready downlaod for our ROM developers (nathan/tab modder) to make custom ROM?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
A thread full of questions, with no answers at all. : /
It's a bit tough to answer questions on a device that I neither own nor sell
. I just did development of the base firmware for our UK partner. Didn't even touch 3G stuff unless the permissions modifications affected something I am unaware of. If someone can verify whether 3G had issues in the base firmware that would be a start. I don't have a device to test with unfortunately.

Will chat with Paul (Magician) in the UK and see what he says.

Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
33 Posts
This looks like a common problem. I also have no 3G on TNT f/w. Also Menu button doesn't work or volume down button. Bought from TNT UK last week. Messaged them on Friday and waiting to hear back from them.
Demag, sorry i haven't received any email from you (Paul - TNT UK) so apologies for not replying but I didn't realise I hadn't

Obviously without knowing who you are (all your forum details are private) it is hard to respond accurately or specifically on this forum.

If you were one of the earlier customers like MKH (who i am aware of and have been in contact with, in addition to trying to resolve the issue) I have been a bit perplexed with the problem as before dispatch I tested the tablet with a SIM card and was able to register fully in the network.

As I have told MKH i have since ordered 3G SIM cards for for Orange and O2 - T-Mobile is the same as Orange to all intents and purposes. However I cannot test "3" as there is no network coverage where i live. But I am hampered with no stock, again, to either test or swap devices.

If you purchased more recently the tablets were dispatched on STOCK ROM (NOT on TNT F/W) as they arrived running a different version of the firmware which wasnt, and still isnt, available from Pipo - which was made clear in emails before shipping the tablets - they were simply rooted and removed of Chinese apps.

If you were one of these customers then please accept my apologies for not being more clear that the TNT F/W is not compatible with your tablet.

It may be that by using the Decontaminate/Infected roms this will resolve your, and MKH's, problems.

Instructions for installing

"Decontaminate" ROM are here

"Infected" ROM are here

If you want to simply go back to stock please email me - you should already have my email address - as I keep a record of the serial numbers and stock roms the tablets arrived with.

Paul

·
Registered
137 Posts
dear magician/roman..i have the pipo m2 3g max..with dsh975 20121106..sd card 32 gb strontium works fine and so does the 3g sim slot..

the latest firmware on the pipo site for this model is dsh973h 20121108..its here..http://ge.tt/9db7J7P/v/3..

thanks s_arthur for putting it up..http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41139-original-stock-firmware-pipo-m2-3g-max-20121108/

the earlier firmware 0924 had inherent problems with sd card(confirmed from fredpoesh)..so of course this TNT rom will have problems with sd card etc..

roman u can solve this and help us all if u can make version 2 of this TNT rom with the dsh973h 20121108 firmware..the sd card and sim 3g works with this..

(2 users porogon and desmondo on fma confirmed that this dsh973h 20121108(on pipo site) is the same as dsh975 20121106 that is the stock rom on the shipped latest models of the pipo max m2..its a labelling mistake by pipo..once flashed the dsh973h shows up as dsh 975 only!! thanks to desmondo for this information..they ahve flashed this rom and found that dsh973h is dsh975 once installed)

my request..please make version 2 of this rom with dsh973h and help us all..the link to download is here..http://ge.tt/9db7J7P/v/3

regards and thanks for all ur wonderful efforts

·
Registered
33 Posts
MKH, thanks for confirming that.

Only yesterday I came across the "firmware naming" issue with Pipo tablets on the M3 WiFi i received. As I had to flash it back to stock ready for return to supplier due to a manufacturing defect.

I am returning 3/5 of the delivery as they have manufacturing defects where the LCD screens are not fitted correctly internally, meaning that there is a gap in one corner between the screen and the glass of 3-7mm!

lazyboy00 - you can uninstall the downloaded apps without issue, this would leave 2/3 Chinese "system" apps. Its a good idea to disable these rather than uninstall and see what, if any, affect it has on the tablet before removing them.

OR use the Infected/Decontaminate ROMs

Stock ROMS past and present for ALL Pipo tablets are available here. This includes discontinued ROMS if we had/have them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts