Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sweet looking tab. I love the way Pipo does the back.

I have the M8 Pro, and it is wide screen... 16x10.

I know what the specs are saying for the M7, but for the life of me... that looks to be 4x3 for the fomat.

Does it look that way in real life ...like a 4x3 format? It just does not look like a wide screen.

I know it is probably a dumb question... but heck, I have to ask!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The first time I saw the M7 Pro also got that impression. But it has the same format as the M8 - 16:10. The difference is that the side bezels are narrow and the upper and lower bezels are wider, resulting in a visually 4:3.

This does not occur as iFive X2 which has wider lateral edges and upper and lower are wider than the Pipo M7.

Comparing with Momo8 that has 4:3 ratio, Pipo M7 is only slightly wider.

I hope I've managed to answer your question

·
Registered
1 Posts
can anyone comment on it's performance specially on opening pdfs which are more than 200mb and with lots of pictures?im currently using an m9 max and would like to find out the performance difference since this has a higher resolutions and becausemy mom is the one who really owns the m9.thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweet looking tab. I love the way Pipo does the back.

I have the M8 Pro, and it is wide screen... 16x10.

I know what the specs are saying for the M7, but for the life of me... that looks to be 4x3 for the fomat.

Does it look that way in real life ...like a 4x3 format? It just does not look like a wide screen.

I know it is probably a dumb question... but heck, I have to ask!

Contemplating buying a new tablet, and I am big on value over style. The Pipo M7 Pro sounds interesting, but I am concerned about build quality and warranty. Any input or thoughts on those topics? Do you feel the product is at least made of average build quality? Anyone ever invoke the manufacturer's warranty? My understanding is that the distributors are the first line of support in regards to the warranty, any recommendations on good distributors?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Contemplating buying a new tablet, and I am big on value over style. The Pipo M7 Pro sounds interesting, but I am concerned about build quality and warranty. Any input or thoughts on those topics? Do you feel the product is at least made of average build quality? Anyone ever invoke the manufacturer's warranty? My understanding is that the distributors are the first line of support in regards to the warranty, any recommendations on good distributors?
As for build, Pipo is doing very well. They are as good as any out of China from what I read.

As for service from one of the Chinese vendors, it is a coin toss. Some are better than others, but all seem to have their issues. I have always thought it to be a communications problem, but in dealing with some of them I am beginning to see it can be more sinister than just that.

My best ...yet limited, experience was with Buyincoins.com.

Then there are alternatives like TNT ..a bit higher, but better service.
TNT

I wish you well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
SOME QUESTIONS TO ALL M7 PRO USERS : (not 3G version)

- does this tablet read and write NTFS on SD card ?
- does this tablet read and write NTFS via USB OTG (USB key or hard drive) ?
- does it support SD cards more than 32GB ? ( 64GB or more?)
- how about power consumption while in sleep mode ? ( my IFIVE MINI2 loose 50% of battery in 3 days in sleep mode)

For the moment all my other questions has found answers in users tests.

·
Registered
21 Posts
SOME QUESTIONS TO ALL M7 PRO USERS : (not 3G version)

- does this tablet read and write NTFS on SD card ?
Should work. I have not tried it yet, but some comments on freaktab.com say that NTFS is doing well.
- does this tablet read and write NTFS via USB OTG (USB key or hard drive) ?
- does it support SD cards more than 32GB ? ( 64GB or more?)
64GB work, but not if the card is formatted with exFAT.
- how about power consumption while in sleep mode ? ( my IFIVE MINI2 loose 50% of battery in 3 days in sleep mode)
I have encountered a maximum drain of 1% over night. With the 3G version there was a problem with not going into deep sleep, but after a firmware upgrade this problem has gone.

Sent from my M7pro using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know if there is a noticeable difference is the 10.1" M9 pro screen and this one? Are there any other differences between the 2 that would make one better than the other? Can't make my mind up which size to get,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,
I finally got my M7 PRO this afternoon (wifi only and white version).
It seems to work great.

Mine is :
Kernel version
3.0.36+
[email protected]#410
Sat Sep 7 14:33:09 CST 2013

Build version
rk30sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.ljh.20130909.145530 test-keys

QUESTIONS :
- Is it the latest official ROM from PIPO ?
- Is there any better ROM ? if yes, which one, and what will it bring ?

·
Registered
366 Posts
On this forum there are pictures and links to tear down pix of the the X2, and also the new Ramos i9.
Not sure on the Pipo, but the build on the X2 and i9 is quite different, requiring a heat gun to take apart and utilizing a substantial metal subframe for strength.
Something to think about, for sure.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Hmmm, that's odd. PiPO is listing a ' new tablet '. The Max-M7T: http://pipo.cn/index.php?m=Product&a=show1&id=308&type=2&cid=218 .
But I don't get it. It's not any different than the Max-M7 Pro that I have for months now (with WCDMA 3G/GPS).

In meanwhile there was a 4.4 build up shortly for the PiPO Max-M8 Pro ( http://pipo.cn/index.php?m=Product&a=show4&type=2&id=269 ), but they've taken it down due to some errors.
Hopefully they will continue to develop something bugfree like that for the M7 Pro, ey.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmmm, that's odd. PiPO is listing a ' new tablet '. The Max-M7T: http://pipo.cn/index.php?m=Product&a=show1&id=308&type=2&cid=218 .
But I don't get it. It's not any different than the Max-M7 Pro that I have for months now (with WCDMA 3G/GPS).

In meanwhile there was a 4.4 build up shortly for the PiPO Max-M8 Pro ( http://pipo.cn/index.php?m=Product&a=show4&type=2&id=269 ), but they've taken it down due to some errors.
Hopefully they will continue to develop something bugfree like that for the M7 Pro, ey.
I think that the only difference is the possibility to make phone calls on the new one.
T = Telephone maybe? :D

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I'm currently trying to decide between M7 Pro and M8 Pro (price is nearly the same). The difference in size is not relevant, but the resolution maybe is.

My doubt remains with the RK3188 and M7 Pro FHD Screen, along with custom roms.

I've been reading that M8 Pro is faster (due to the screen), and has better community support for custom Roms, including OMA's.

So my question is: For those who have both tablets, which one they like the best (if u have to only keep one, which one would you choose)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there a way to send SMS from the tablet ?

my rom is from arctablet Pipo M7 Pro rooted Android 4.2.2 custom firmware (2014/02/19)

81 - 100 of 101 Posts