Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thinking about purchasing the Pipo M7 Pro. Specs look great, and the reviews, albeit somewhat scarce, seem pretty good. I have some reservations with the product not being backed by mainstream carriers. My questions to you are....

Is the build quality comparable to middle of the road American products?
Have you ever exercised the warranty with the manufacturer or a distributor?
Do you have a preferred distributor (Ali Express?) that will stand by the product?
Is the HD iFive X2 a comparable product?
Is their any advantage to the M9 Pro other than the bigger screen?
Anything else I should consider?

I appreciate any help you can offer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got one from pandawill. At the moment the product is in short supply so you might need to wait longer to get it. Shipping is from China and takes about 3 to 4 weeks to get in NA.
Amazon US site has few vendors for this tablet. Price will be higher but returning will be less of a problem.
Price I've paid was $230 shipped. Ordered it on Sep. 20 and received it on Oct. 15.
The benchmarks are very good.
Built quality is good (Acer comparable)
The screen quality is excellent.
Battery life is good (not as good as my other tablet - Asus MeMo pad HD 7") at about 7 hours of use.
WiFi is very good.
Cameras are OK but the flash for the back camera is a joke.
It comes with Android 4.2.2 and Flash installed. Google Play Store is installed too.
There are some "custom" firmware available, based on the factory firmware, but you can root the tablet quite easy and delete what you don't want.
For rooting I have used "unlockroot" free version. Run it as administrator on W7 or Vista machines. It will tell you the tablet is rooted but you should choose to root it again.

What I do not like that much is the smoothness of the firmware. It is not at the level of big name tablets (Asus, Samsung, Sony) and far, far away of the quality feel of the iPad.
It has hesitations and short hick-ups, but I had few of those on the Asus tablet too.

For the second question I would say the higher the resolution of the screen in pixels the slower the performance of the tablet. The larger the screen/tablet the heavier it is.
I like mine light and the 8.9" is a good compromise.

Hi all,

Thinking about purchasing the Pipo M7 Pro. Specs look great, and the reviews, albeit somewhat scarce, seem pretty good. I have some reservations with the product not being backed by mainstream carriers. My questions to you are....

Is the build quality comparable to middle of the road American products?
Have you ever exercised the warranty with the manufacturer or a distributor?
Do you have a preferred distributor (Ali Express?) that will stand by the product?
Is the HD iFive X2 a comparable product?
Is their any advantage to the M9 Pro other than the bigger screen?
Anything else I should consider?

I appreciate any help you can offer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are there any non Chinese Case that fit Pipo M7 pro . Friend has a Pipo 9.7 inch M1 Tablet and he got a fantastic New Knomo real leather case that was for ipad Gen 1 for 5 pounds plus 3 post real tight fit and soft real leather got on e-bay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts