Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick note for anyone thinking of upgrading their Pipo M1 with the English Stock Firmware 20120828;

I recently bought an M1 and immediately tried to upgrade the tablet with the above Firmware, the upgrade failed an i ended up with a bricked tablet.

A new tablet was provided and believing the issue was with the previous tablet, i tried the upgrade and it completed satisfactorily, however the M1 would not boot up correctly. The tablet booted and showed the two Linux penguins, but then the screen went black, with light around the perimeter thus i knew the tablet was on.

I tried to install the firmware again, but ended up with the 'download IDB fail' error message. I thought i had killed the tablet again.

Eventually i managed to get the M1 up and running again using the following method;

1. Run the RKAndroidtool V1.35, and firstly click 'Erase Nand (IDB), once this is complete click 'Flash Rom' make sure you have ticked the box next to '1'
2. Re-install the firmware using a different version using 'RKDevicemanage', i have used 'TNT V4'and its back to life again.

I'm not sure if there is an issue with the Stock firmware or i have been doing something wrong, but i thought it worth sharing my experience in case anyone else has had the same issues.

Has anyone else had any luck loading the Stock English Firmware?

·
Registered
11 Posts
A quick note for anyone thinking of upgrading their Pipo M1 with the English Stock Firmware 20120828;

I recently bought an M1 and immediately tried to upgrade the tablet with the above Firmware, the upgrade failed an i ended up with a bricked tablet.

A new tablet was provided and believing the issue was with the previous tablet, i tried the upgrade and it completed satisfactorily, however the M1 would not boot up correctly. The tablet booted and showed the two Linux penguins, but then the screen went black, with light around the perimeter thus i knew the tablet was on.

I tried to install the firmware again, but ended up with the 'download IDB fail' error message. I thought i had killed the tablet again.

Eventually i managed to get the M1 up and running again using the following method;

1. Run the RKAndroidtool V1.35, and firstly click 'Erase Nand (IDB), once this is complete click 'Flash Rom' make sure you have ticked the box next to '1'
2. Re-install the firmware using a different version using 'RKDevicemanage', i have used 'TNT V4'and its back to life again.

I'm not sure if there is an issue with the Stock firmware or i have been doing something wrong, but i thought it worth sharing my experience in case anyone else has had the same issues.

Has anyone else had any luck loading the Stock English Firmware?
I have just bought the pipo maxm1 and wondered which is the bset firmware update that does not cause problems

1 - 2 of 2 Posts