Android Tablets Forum banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there,
mk808 and ug802 RC3 kernel. All is working just great.
Recently tried cheap RTL8188CUS usb wireless adapter but couldn't get it working. Has anyone had any luck using it.
Any help much appreciated!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi
i have installed this on my cx803. it working but i no have wireless.
bluethoot pendrive work.. but it don't reveal the other items
But i don't be able to install module of rc3
i copy modules in /lib/3.0.8-aok+
i make "depmod -a"
the system create a module.dep, so i thinks that it is ok...
but when i rebbot in linux
i have always this error:
(FATAL): Could not load /lib/modules/3.0.8-alok+/modules.dep: No such file or directory
so after looking in goggle,
I've edited the file /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf and I've changed the line MODULES=most to MODULES=dep. Then, I've reinstalled initramfs-tools..
but it isn't working for me....
so i don't have the new modules.....
how i can do?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I cannot use picuntu-da-server.sh. My device is wlan1 in iwconfig. I cannot seem to get it to connect correctly, using either the scan method or the custom dhcp method.
Hello, not sure if you were able to fix that, but I had similar issue when I was running picuntu-da-server.sh. I realized that the authentication was using wpa-psk which means if your wireless router is not set to use secure mode PSK or (WPA/WPA2) it will not work.

On my case, the fastest way to fix that was just to change my wireless authentication from normal WEP to WPA/WPA2 and I was able to connect.

Hope it can help.

Regards,

M.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Couldn't wait, I loaded the ftdi_sio and it worked fine, I now have /dev/ttyUSB0.
I will test it this evening.

Cap
Hello,

Would you mind to share how were you able to load the ftdi_sio and get the serial device attached to the /dev/ttyUSB0 ?

Thanks.

M.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very slow, but yes.

And it should move faster in the near future.

Alok
Please forgive me asking a similar question twice. Is there any chance the excellent work you are doing on the 3066 will apply to the 3188? We have to choose between the two very soon for a custom board. We want to go with the 3188 to be at the state-of-the-art but must use Linux (hence our concern). Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear aloksinha2001 and everyone involved

I have AK802 ordered from here : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-Stock-Android-4-0-Mini-PC-IPTV-Google-Internet-TV-Smart-Android-Box-DDR3-1GB/568297444.html
Externally it matches very closely with SainSmart AK802 from here : http://www.sainsmart.com/android-mini-pc/ak802/sainsmart-ak802-android-4-1-mini-pc-google-tv-box-dongle-dual-core-rk3066-cortex-a9-processor.html
Inside it has RK3066 SoC and RK901 WiFi, so its hardware is very similar to MK808. Sometimes sellers call it AK802III or MK802III.

I liked it because it has HDMI-F connector just like my PC motherboard (Asus M3N-H/HDMI) so it is easy to replug my monitor between them.
I use HDMI-DVI converter, and I my DVI cable is plugged into 1920x1200 monitor (LG W2600HP).

I was able to flash it with Finless ROM 1.6 for MK808.
Then I flashed Picuntu kernel 0.9 RC3 (3.0.8-alok+, 1080p) into its recovery image, prepared 'linuxroot' filesystem from Picuntu-linuxroot-0.9-RC2.2.tgz on 16GB microSD card (also put 3.0.8-alok+ modules where they should be in this FS), and rebooted into recovery image from Finless Android FW.

Overall, the system has booted well. To enable wifi interface, I had to put 'bcm40181' line into /etc/modules instead of 8188... line that was there.
On next boot, the module loaded well with default firmware and NVRAM. Wifi interface is visible as 'eth0' and does not support scanning, however I was able to attach it to my wifi access point (D-Link DWL-2100AP).

Now what annoys me the most, it that I can't set up FB mode 1920x1200. So, what I see on screen looks dithered/soapy. After initial boot with 1080p kernel, it switches into 720p mode on physical output but continues to output 1080 lines logically, so bottom third of screen is not visible. I have to run 'fbset 1280x720-60-32' which fixes screen height but removes Red colour from display output (white becomes blue, red becomes black, etc).

Please give some advise what should I do with these problems (get back wifi scanning and make the stick see proper screen resolution). Should I try the kernel from olegk0 ?
I also have Raspberry Pi which does not have any problems seeing 1920x1200 on HDMI port of its VideoCore IV.

Also, now I am waiting my ordered USB-HUB/Ethernet/SATA adapters to migrate my home PC server to this stick. So, can you please tell me what kernel version provides LVM and software RAID modules ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yesterday I was trying to get two different webCAM working with my code on Picuntu/MK802 II, as I've read that this RC3 has UVC Camera support. Using OpenCV and QCamera class from Qt with two completely different approach, with a code working on my Ubuntu 12.10, I wasn't able to acquire any frame. I've tested two different cameras getting the same result.

With Qt code,during acquisition I receive this error:

->v4l2 error unbuffering: SUCCEED (really strange: error=SUCCEED?!)

and using OpenCV:

->v4l2 error unbuffering: WRONG PARAMETER

I'm at work now, is there any test I can perform when I'm back to my MK802, in order to check what's wrong? My Qt and OpenCV code are so standard (working, simple examples) that I suppose unuseful to mention here.
Of course with both my two camera the software Cheese is working!
Thanks in advice..

·
Registered
1 Posts
can you see the packets sent by the other computer? try with wireshark, in my case in wireshark i can see all the traffic going on the network etc, so it RXs, the problem is somewhere with TX, my usb-net has 3 state leds, and when i send the ping it blinks once for each packet sent.. so in theory should work.. (also in wireshark the ping appears as sent..but it doesn't reach any other point of the network, i don't know what's happening)
Using tcpdump I have noticed that all packets from host Ubuntu PC have seen on RK3066 device with 2 bytes lost in beginning of each ethernet frame (destination MAC address) so they even wrongly parsed by upper network layer. Tried to find source of this bug with no success. Either it needs some low level reconfiguration of USB controller, either modification of DWC_OTG sources or u_ether.c.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Something new about a lapdock specific kernel? It's hard to work with 720p
I have a lapdock and I need to leave the lid closed the first 5 seconds of boot for it to properly go into HDMI mode and have correct refresh/res and colors looking right. I think this has something to with the EDID reading from the lapdock screen. if you can power on the device before opening the screen try that and wait 4-5 seconds before lifting the screen. Where I found this out is checking the /var/log directory and looking at the dmesg and Xorg logs. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to get a novatel usb760 air card (verizon) to work. So far I have been unsuccessful. When I load it on a x86 ubuntu install it looks like it is using the option.ko module. However when I try to load this option.ko module that was in the modules tgz I get Invalid Module Format. I also get his error with the usb_wwan module. Any advice on how to get this to work is much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
ccan't wait for RC3 so excited! miss you Alok! hurry up and finish your work/school so you can come play with us!!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Yesterday I was trying to get two different webCAM working with my code on Picuntu/MK802 II, as I've read that this RC3 has UVC Camera support. Using OpenCV and QCamera class from Qt with two completely different approach, with a code working on my Ubuntu 12.10, I wasn't able to acquire any frame. I've tested two different cameras getting the same result.

With Qt code,during acquisition I receive this error:

->v4l2 error unbuffering: SUCCEED (really strange: error=SUCCEED?!)

and using OpenCV:

->v4l2 error unbuffering: WRONG PARAMETER

I'm at work now, is there any test I can perform when I'm back to my MK802, in order to check what's wrong? My Qt and OpenCV code are so standard (working, simple examples) that I suppose unuseful to mention here.
Of course with both my two camera the software Cheese is working!
Thanks in advice..
I'm using a different kernel but I have had success with a couple webcams using several commands from commandlinefu.com here is a link with a lot of USB webcam commands. try any or all of the commands listed on the link I'm about to post, most of them worked for me. I'm not sure how cheese works (ffmpeg? gstreamer?) but you van also search commandlinefu for commands based on the commands you know that work! here is link to command list for webcams, works for me hope it works for you!

http://www.commandlinefu.com/commands/matching/usb-webcam/dXNiIHdlYmNhbQ==/sort-by-votes

if you find commands that work than ditch QtClass you were using and just use QProcess and send bash commands to capture images video or audio, use other QtClasses to manipulate captured media? just a suggestion, if the direct path isn't working I suggest finding a path around the problem
a work-around. Also if you need someone to test your source I would gladly test I work with Qt as well and have made a Pandora Radio app among others so i know a tiny bit , could help second pair of eyes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, thanks for putting so much effort putting Linux on our RK3066 devices. From the picuntu website I see that this is primarily made for MK808 and other panel-less devices. But I've seen on Youtube that there are users that are running it on tablets. I got my self an pipo s1 to experiment on.

So far I have been able to boot Linux from the sdhc-card, but without any display output. I've tried the external hdmi connector, but no luck. After issuing "reboot recovery" the screen goes black. My logs in /var/log confirms that the kernel boots and loads picuntu. I've tried a bunch of kernels, even compiling one myself, but I can't find any combinations of kernel options to enable screen output. Is there any boot option to be set to turn on backlight etc? Should I expect to see console output while booting or is the display only enabled after booting into graphical environment? I guess that I don't need the mali drivers enabled to get output, these drivers are for performance or?

Anyone that got a .config for rk3066 tablets that are working?

Sorry for using this forum instead of Pipo S1 forum. seems like that all devs on picuntu are here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Alok and again thank you for the wonderful work.

I work on Picuntu RC2 on a daily basis to use a ug802 as low-cost embedded hardware on a robot (rough task...)

I wanted to pass to RC3 to have some more cpu power (the RC2 was configured for singled core a 252 MHz, but the ug802 hard is dual-core 1.6GHz !) but it seems the link
http://download.g8.net/picuntu/modules-3.0.8-alok-RC3.tgz is broken for now... (as any other on http://download.g8.net).

Can you do something about it ?

Thank you in advance.

Ps : For other people like me here is another possible source (takes us age to found) : https://github.com/sgjava/byoc/tree/master/picuntu

Long live Picuntu !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for simplifying unfortunately that didn't work for me even though the directory was owned by root and I already had the folder renamed and the bcm40181.ko was already in /lib/modules/3.0.8-alok+. Here's what I did:
1. chmod 777 3.0.8-alok+
2. copy /lib/modules/module/drivers/net/wireless/bcm40181/bcm40181.ko to /lib/modules/3.0.8-alok+/ overwriting the new one that was supplied with the old one
3. "depmod -a" while inside directory /lib/modules/3.0.8-alok+
4. reboot

now the wifi is running again, using the new kernal BUT i dunno why i did those steps, i was merely experimenting. Im fairly new to linux and have no idea why it started working again. I am merely documenting what steps i did to achieve online access.
I just installed picuntu RC3 modules on ug802. At first, the wifi was out.

I did not need to overwrite bcm40181.ko as whirly said but just update /etc/modules as Wladimir says and it seems to work fine for me after a hard reboot (full shutdown).

Just to contribute.

Thanks to all the community

101 - 120 of 122 Posts