Hello, not sure if you were able to fix that, but I had similar issue when I was running picuntu-da-server.sh. I realized that the authentication was using wpa-psk which means if your wireless router is not set to use secure mode PSK or (WPA/WPA2) it will not work.I cannot use picuntu-da-server.sh. My device is wlan1 in iwconfig. I cannot seem to get it to connect correctly, using either the scan method or the custom dhcp method.
Please forgive me asking a similar question twice. Is there any chance the excellent work you are doing on the 3066 will apply to the 3188? We have to choose between the two very soon for a custom board. We want to go with the 3188 to be at the state-of-the-art but must use Linux (hence our concern). Thank you!Very slow, but yes.
And it should move faster in the near future.
Using tcpdump I have noticed that all packets from host Ubuntu PC have seen on RK3066 device with 2 bytes lost in beginning of each ethernet frame (destination MAC address) so they even wrongly parsed by upper network layer. Tried to find source of this bug with no success. Either it needs some low level reconfiguration of USB controller, either modification of DWC_OTG sources or u_ether.c.can you see the packets sent by the other computer? try with wireshark, in my case in wireshark i can see all the traffic going on the network etc, so it RXs, the problem is somewhere with TX, my usb-net has 3 state leds, and when i send the ping it blinks once for each packet sent.. so in theory should work.. (also in wireshark the ping appears as sent..but it doesn't reach any other point of the network, i don't know what's happening)
I have a lapdock and I need to leave the lid closed the first 5 seconds of boot for it to properly go into HDMI mode and have correct refresh/res and colors looking right. I think this has something to with the EDID reading from the lapdock screen. if you can power on the device before opening the screen try that and wait 4-5 seconds before lifting the screen. Where I found this out is checking the /var/log directory and looking at the dmesg and Xorg logs. Good luck!Something new about a lapdock specific kernel? It's hard to work with 720p
I'm using a different kernel but I have had success with a couple webcams using several commands from commandlinefu.com here is a link with a lot of USB webcam commands. try any or all of the commands listed on the link I'm about to post, most of them worked for me. I'm not sure how cheese works (ffmpeg? gstreamer?) but you van also search commandlinefu for commands based on the commands you know that work! here is link to command list for webcams, works for me hope it works for you!Yesterday I was trying to get two different webCAM working with my code on Picuntu/MK802 II, as I've read that this RC3 has UVC Camera support. Using OpenCV and QCamera class from Qt with two completely different approach, with a code working on my Ubuntu 12.10, I wasn't able to acquire any frame. I've tested two different cameras getting the same result.
With Qt code,during acquisition I receive this error:
->v4l2 error unbuffering: SUCCEED (really strange: error=SUCCEED?!)
and using OpenCV:
->v4l2 error unbuffering: WRONG PARAMETER
I'm at work now, is there any test I can perform when I'm back to my MK802, in order to check what's wrong? My Qt and OpenCV code are so standard (working, simple examples) that I suppose unuseful to mention here.
Of course with both my two camera the software Cheese is working!
Thanks in advice..
I just installed picuntu RC3 modules on ug802. At first, the wifi was out.Thanks for simplifying unfortunately that didn't work for me even though the directory was owned by root and I already had the folder renamed and the bcm40181.ko was already in /lib/modules/3.0.8-alok+. Here's what I did:
1. chmod 777 3.0.8-alok+
2. copy /lib/modules/module/drivers/net/wireless/bcm40181/bcm40181.ko to /lib/modules/3.0.8-alok+/ overwriting the new one that was supplied with the old one
3. "depmod -a" while inside directory /lib/modules/3.0.8-alok+
now the wifi is running again, using the new kernal BUT i dunno why i did those steps, i was merely experimenting. Im fairly new to linux and have no idea why it started working again. I am merely documenting what steps i did to achieve online access.