Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, even though there are obviously a lot of bad things re: the PDN's wireless implementation (reliability, speed/throughput, etc.), I have one thing to report where the PDN's wireless support seems to be superior to Windows. In the thread I started re: hotspotting and tethering, I mentioned two solutions I have used with my Palm Pre - MyTether (no longer a good option, IMO) and a hacked version of the Verison Pre hotspot app. The interesting thing with both of these options is that I can much more reliably see and connect to them on the PDN than on any of the household Windows machines. Even if Windows does see the SSID of the hotspots these solutions create, when it attempts to connect to either one, almost 100% of the time it is unable to obtain an IP address from them. The PDN, on the other hand, always sees them and very reliably connects to them and gets an IP from them.I don't think it's a Linux thing - even though both Android and webOS (the Pre's OS for those who don't know) are based on Linux - because so is my home wireless router (a Belkin N+), which is also running Linux under the covers.Any thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts