Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing fancy or expensive here, but useful if using your PDN to view a long-running video or if you are using your PDN pretty much 24 x 7 to display stuff from the Web, or reading - say a cook book or other how-to book where you need your hands. All it takes is some measuring (bend the power cord ~ 9" back from the power tip end), a little bending, some minor effort to carefully force the doubled power cord into position under the cord retention clips on the underneath side of the stand, and a small piece of duct tape. Images below.
Let me know what you think

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very clever, thanks. Also do you know where I can get a spare power cord? It would be great to do this and leave it and have a second to travel with. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great idea...the only thing that concerns me is the degree in which the cable is bent could damage the copper wiring, creating a short....unless a larger loop is acheived. Just my opinion...Great thinking!EDIT: Maybe you could do a larger loop in the base.......plenty of room. ;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm not sure I follow why you need to do this. you can get pandahome to work in those orientations if you put it to sleep and wake it up again.not ideal, but it works as long as you don't shut it off.

·
Registered
784 Posts
[quote name='derelicte;40395]I'm not sure I follow why you need to do this. you can get pandahome to work in those orientations if you put it to sleep and wake it up again.not ideal' date=' but it works as long as you don't shut it off.[/QUOTE'] WOW! That DOES work!! Very Interesting....I would have never thought to try that! ...and I wonder why that works???

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote name='derelicte;40395]I'm not sure I follow why you need to do this. you can get pandahome to work in those orientations if you put it to sleep and wake it up again.not ideal' date=' but it works as long as you don't shut it off.[/QUOTE'] This works for Launcher Pro also! :DRotate the Novel, don't close the force close pop up. Put the device to sleep and wake it back up then close out the force close message. Launcher Pro should pop up and work.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I stumbled on this by accident mostly trying (and failing) to power down the pdn. I wouldn't hold the button long enough (or too long) and it would sleep instead of popping up the power down window. when I woke it up to try again, I noticed the screen now worked.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I also noticed that your wallpaper doesn't fill the screen. if you install open home, run it once, then switch back to pandahome, the wallpaper will fill the screen. you can uninstall it after that.I'm not sure if the ge launcher will fix it too. it may.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts