Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Got my PDN a few days back. The useful guides in slatedroid allowed me to update the latest firmware and hacks within 2 hours. No problems with wifi etc but suddenly the PDN stopped reading the SD cards today. I cannot see it the SD cards (internal and external) regardless whether i am using the stock homepage or the android hacked homepage.Also the PC is not able to read the SD card. I have changed to other SD cards and the same result.Do i do a factory reset by poking the small hole on the PDN? and thereafter install back the firmware?ThanksLawrence

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
sounds like hardware. Take it back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sigh...i bought it at ebay and i am in singapore.....no local warranty! There goes my $200! could not reinstall the firmware at all...i guess it is because the SD card is not registering! FiguresHad 3 days of bliss!Lawrence

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried that and it says....no internal and external memory! I am so puzzled...it was functioning smoothly just 8 hours ago. Looks like i have so save up for another one (but it won't be a PDN!)...arggh.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
yeah, go with clockworx suggestion - and pray. Have you tried the card (s) in another device?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
No. try sticking the sdcard in a laptop and seeing if it works.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the SD cards are working, i did that right away after the PDN did not give the usual msg that the "device will not be useable while connected to USB".Even if the SD cards are faulty the PDN cannot go into USB mode....should it be this way, i.e. if SD cards are down, usb mode is not possible?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A fair word for the PDN...it was my ideal low budget tablet cum ereader device. Thanks to the great effort and strong community spirit has made using the PDN allebit 3 days only a pleasurable experience.SIGH! okay moving forward....i will probably buy something with local warranty for the next tablet/ereader.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i would try the smallest size sd card you have, format fat32, put 8_6 firmware.zip on it from the PDN site, plug your PDN into the charger, put the card in, hold the + and turn it on, if you get ! then use a paperclip, reset, try process all over with a different card

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
do what secretseven said, but before you do that, try this... take the card out, push a paperclip gently into the reset button (hole in top), and try the sd card AFTER it completely reboots. Just a thought.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
secretseven - i followed your advice to format a small SD card..i used 1G SD card for this and it is has updated the firmware successfully! SD cards detected as well.i tried with my original SD 32G card but firmware update gave an error status.Okay..back to installing the hacks!Thanks guys for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
What are the specs on the card you can't flash with... ? Is it too slow? Is it a microsd in an adapter? That's pretty wierd.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have similar problem. Not exactly the same, but the roots go right there. Symptoms: SD card when left in PDN after powering it OFF, almost every time shows up as "Damaged SD card". Resetting it corrects the problem till next power off-power on. It could be a small nuisance, but any time I'm thinking to try another flash, I would think twice, as last time (flashing modded 8-06) it took me 3 battery reconnects (pin reset and SD resettling woudn't work when there's frozen Android dude with exclamation sign).It is exactly for this reason I'm asking, no -- begging every Guru here who comes up with a new and exciting ROM -- combine it with "updater.exe" or whatever was working flawlessly with 7-18 and earlier versions. If it takes taking down ADB WinXP driver -- be it, with my pleasure, as it's much less painful than opening PDN on every failure to flash.Please help!

·
Registered
84 Posts
ya micro in an adapter, sandisk brand from wallyworld, 8gig class 2, the 512 is so old it says transflash, no class reading, even use the same adapter, but ohwell, it doesnt see it at boot but i just quick in and out with it and its good to go

·
Registered
59 Posts
[quote name='lawrencelaw;40721]secretseven - i followed your advice to format a small SD card..i used 1G SD card for this and it is has updated the firmware successfully! SD cards detected as well.i tried with my original SD 32G card but firmware update gave an error status.Okay..back to installing the hacks!Thanks guys for the help.[/QUOTE]Lawrencelaw' date=' would you mind confirming that you had this problem either right after or shortly after doing the "hack" for making the market Nook app work? (i.e. after renaming the libpdfhost.so file)I had a [URL=http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigital-novel-android-tablet-discussion/4953-sd-card-wont-mount-internal-external.html']similar problem as yours[/URL] happen a few days ago, and have now narrowed the cause of my device's failing to recognize the sdcards to that particular action. Renaming the file back (and thus breaking the market nook app again) causes it to immediately re-recognize the cards.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.