Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would like it, but aside from protecting the plastic from scratches & giving the impression that the unit is a bit better protected in case of a fall, it fail to impress. For me, the PDN feels so much better without the cover. I was surprised that the cover is so slippery & although the fit is snug, the cover's front edge interferes with where my thumb sits, making it difficult to hold securely. The plastic on the back of the PDN is much less slippery than the gel cover & the added thickness somehow makes the unit feel much heavier. I have a nice padfolio case for the PDN, but wanted something to protect it when it was out of the case. The gel cover doesn't do it for me. Back to the drawing board.Cheers,kev

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
I actually like it. Don't normally like gel covers and never had them on my phone because of it.Have you tired washing it to see if that makes it a little less slippery?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, gonna give it a cleaning, but the matter of the front edge interfering with my holding the unit is still an issue. Granted, my grip is compromised when reading an eBook & holding the PDN with one hand. When using two hands, the grip with my thumb is not a big deal. BTW the way I hold it when reading is with my thumb on the front bezel centered on the side & the bottom corner resting in my palm. I will try some other postures & see what works, 'cause I like the added protection. Cheers,kev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts