Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use the PDN to store files from an SD card? Usually when I travel I have to bring my laptop to dump files from my camera's SD card. If there was a way to do the same with the PDN, it would save me from having to lug around the lappy.So, is there a way to move files from an SD card to the internal memory on the PDN?

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you've hacked the PDN and install a file manager, such as EStrongs or Astro (or whatever else is out there), yes you could dump the files from the SD card. If you replaced the stock 1Gb internal microSD with a 16Gb or 32Gb microSD, you'd have plenty of storage space.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='geebekazoo;29276]If you've hacked the PDN and install a file manager' date=' such as EStrongs or Astro (or whatever else is out there), yes you could dump the files from the SD card. If you replaced the stock 1Gb internal microSD with a 16Gb or 32Gb microSD, you'd have plenty of storage space.[/QUOTE'] I have Astro already installed. I've been able to install apk's, etc. from the SD card using it, but I wasn't sure if it was possible to move files around using it. Guess I'll have to figure that out, thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
File managers are somewhat difficult to navigate with a tablet. I have yet to find a way to highlight multiple files to copy or move. However, it would be very easy to copy everything in a directory, because you only have to highlight the directory!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
[quote name='geebekazoo;29374]File managers are somewhat difficult to navigate with a tablet. I have yet to find a way to highlight multiple files to copy or move. However' date=' it would be very easy to copy everything in a directory, because you only have to highlight the directory!![/QUOTE'] Linda will let you select multiple files.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Command line might work better for large numbers of files. You could script something or just use the "mv" command manually.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you can use dropbox too, but it seems to only be capable of handling one file at a time, no way to batch or grab a folder

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After a little messing around I got Astro to do exactly what I wanted, even moving multiple files.There's a button on the top -Multi- just hit that then press on each file.I hit copy so selected files will, you know.. copy.Then just navigate to the folder where I wanted them and hit paste.Easy!Also, if you push and hold on -Multi- it will do a select all.This is probably old news to many of you, but maybe it will help some of the Android noobs, like me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts