Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to whether or not paypal would be able to get my a partial refund if I contact them about the false advertising of the tablet. I paid $300 for mine, I'm wanting to get back around $100 of that, if not at least $50. My box does say Cortex A8 (I peeled off the ZT-180 sticker to see the original Cortex A8 advertised, which is what it said on the website when I made the purchase back in June). I'm asking here because chinagrabber won't even talk to me about this.So would I stand a chance?

·
Registered
2 Posts
[quote name='synonymous;35663]Just curious as to whether or not paypal would be able to get my a partial refund if I contact them about the false advertising of the tablet. I paid $300 for mine' date=' I'm wanting to get back around $100 of that, if not at least $50. My box does say Cortex A8 (I peeled off the ZT-180 sticker to see the original Cortex A8 advertised, which is what it said on the website when I made the purchase back in June). I'm asking here because chinagrabber won't even talk to me about this.So would I stand a chance?[/QUOTE']Yeah I too bought mine back in June and have the same box. Honestly I'm not sure if I will see the "check" from Flat Computing. You have a good point on trying through PayPal as this is how I paid too and I think I am going to try it and see what happens. I will let you know. You are right that they advertise it as one item and I didn't receive the exact thing. I will post an update.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Noone seems to answer this, but how can we check what the core ACTUALLY is so we have proof for paypal for a claim.I'm thinking of filing a claim because the battery life is nothing like the listing said and he confirmed it was the same as the orphan so it would have the same issues

·
Registered
45 Posts
what I mean is how can you show there isn't an a8 inside the unit.the only claims i have are that it says a8 on the listing on ebay, im going to the seller direct then maybe if he doesn't play ball i'll file a paypal claim

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='xyon;36547]what I mean is how can you show there isn't an a8 inside the unit.the only claims i have are that it says a8 on the listing on ebay' date=' im going to the seller direct then maybe if he doesn't play ball i'll file a paypal claim[/QUOTE'] Take the cover off? I dunno really.Here's the response chinagrabber had to me."we shipped you out two units and have done all we can do to help you on this purchase. All sales are final and our policy is clear. You defaced the box and we do have disclaimers that state specifications are subject to change."

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
50 Posts
[quote name='synonymous;37163]I lost.Why? Because (this is what paypal said) they only cover the shipment of goods' date=' not the quality.[/QUOTE']That is lame!! Any other plans to get a partial refund?

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah paypal are bastards. I bought a em, christ whats the name. One of those battery pack cases for the iphone off thier own site, it was 50 odd quid, i bought me and the misses one.They both came one was fooked. would not work at all. Contacted them by email. No reply. Tried thier phone number, said there was no one located at this extension.So i contacted paypal.They told me they do not cover out of ebay purchases, but hope to expand in the future, and dropped my dispute.I was mighty pissed off

·
Registered
45 Posts
[quote name='stephen0205;37486]yeah paypal are bastards. I bought a em' date=' christ whats the name. One of those battery pack cases for the iphone off thier own site, it was 50 odd quid, i bought me and the misses one.They both came one was fooked. would not work at all. Contacted them by email. No reply. Tried thier phone number, said there was no one located at this extension.So i contacted paypal.They told me they do not cover out of ebay purchases, but hope to expand in the future, and dropped my dispute.I was mighty pissed off[/QUOTE'] thats such bullshit paypal and ebay are the same company now!! ebay OWNS paypal.So if you buy something and they ship you a rock instead of a laptop paypal won't cover you?

·
Registered
50 Posts
xyon;37737]thats such bullshit paypal and ebay are the same company now!! ebay OWNS paypal.So if you buy something and they ship you a rock instead of a laptop paypal won said:
Apparently not' date=' while they strongly advertise that [B']they do[/B] cover items that are significantly not as described. Which in your case, it is. And look.. I am not lying.. eBay: Paypal Buyer ProtectionThey next thing they talk about is this:
What is 'significantly not as described'?An item is 'significantly not as described' if the seller clearly misrepresented the details of the item in a way that affects its value or usability. Please note that this does not include situations where you are just disappointed with the item and/or it did not meet your expectations. There has to be a misdescription. If the buyer and seller cannot resolve the issue on their own, PayPal will ultimately determine whether the item is 'significantly not as described' at its sole discretion. More information about significantly not as described.
I am shocked that they said that they only cover the shipment of goods, and not the quality. It's not about quality.. the ZT-180 processor is not as the Cortex A8 in many ways, so it DOES affect its value and usability.Maybe if you contact PayPal with this info, they will look different at your situation? Because you're not just disappointed, but it does affect its value and usability.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update: I woke up this morning, got around, and decided to check my email before heading off to class. In my email is a message from netspend saying I have a message concerning my dispute. I log into my netspend account to see that I got a full refund and get to keep the tablet.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Congratulations!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.