Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my second Novel friday. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond (same store I went to 3 weeks ago) I was able to Get the $20 rebate, Price match Walgreens ($150) and 20% off one item. Paid $119.99 + tax (rebate pending). Different to this unit is 7_18_B firmware vs 7_04_B. Along with the purchase I received a 3 page black and white printed "Pandigital Novel - Customer Service Guide"It has step by steps and illustrations for:performing a Hard ResetFixing Memory (internal) card issues by Multiple rebooting OR Re-Seating Internal Memory CardA brief how-to for wifi networks FAQ from 7/16 explaining why they have gotten a bad rep.As well as explaining that some BB&B units had firmware loading issues if OLDER firmeware was used. (Does this indicate that at some point we may not be able to downgrade?)Lastly a statement that "Currently all units released to the market have been loaded with the same production firmware"

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
can you see if this is up at either the bby site or the pandigital site, and link to it? If not, can you scan and post it? Thanks.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will scan and post it tomorrow from work. (No URL on the printout, prolly a PDF sent to BB&B or mailed by PD)Another interesting note,The guide states to use care concerning the strips of tape inside. This unit did not have tape inside, it did have it at one time as there was residual ghosting of where tape was before.

·
Registered
784 Posts
[quote name='davidr;32981]It is not as extensive as what was described' date=' but they also have a new User Guide and Quick Start Guide on their site..[/QUOTE'] New QS Guide is a radical departure from the old one interestingly still 12 pages but only half the size (394kb) of the old one. Skips Select Language, Calibrate Device & jumps to Set Date & Time. Expands setting up WiFi and adds an overview of buying and downloading books from B&N.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
[quote name='nchntrman;32987]I will scan and post it tomorrow from work. (No URL on the printout' date=' prolly a PDF sent to BB&B or mailed by PD)Another interesting note,The guide states to use care concerning the strips of tape inside. This unit did not have tape inside, it did have it at one time as there was residual ghosting of where tape was before.[/QUOTE'] you may have a refurb...

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Why yes, you're right.... Question is who passed it off, or is Pandigital so sure they're getting hacked that it's no longer sealing the case.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sure it was a recall not a refurb. There was no signs of usage anywhere on the device and many of the Novel's were recalled pre-sale. I'm not stressing it, made the back much easier to remove

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they will save $0.000001 per unit.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I think they gave up on the idea people won't open them... 4000 people talking about doing it online in public may have that effect.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Or having problems with the microSD unseating and having to open 100 of these things to reseat card. Their tech guys would have prolly recommended ditching the tape, especially if they are making that part of the Customer Trouble Shoot. Broken Backs? Screens? Trying to pop back off.Mine kinda rattles a little, makes it feel cheaper, ill prolly tape mine after i upgrade the microSD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting. I picked mine up on Sat (8th), and did not receive the guide. The CS person I talked to (they had the PDN's in the back) said that they'd just received them in on Friday. Not sure if my cover is taped, haven't cracked it open yet as I'm still deciding about a bigger internal card.=V=

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got an 8 gig SanDisk microSD for $25 at walmart. Not the cheapest but fastest for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.