Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the Pandigital Novel for $145.51 out of pocket. ($125.51 after $20 Mail in rebate)They are priced at $169.99 - $20 (Rebate). Both my local stores (Tampa Florida) have had 1/2 a doz each in stock for the past week.They are White 1 Gig units.I used a 20% off one item cupon I printed from Bed Bath and Beyond's website.Hope this helps anyone who is still looking for remaining stock of the white units.Note: The box's seal circle had been lifted and reapplied, the unit had been opened (as had the 2 other i looked at) after opening the box neither the power cord nor sync cable have been opened. the firmware is 07.05.10 meaning it is newer than the one on the website. I will be opening and archiving the files from the internal micro-sc card.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
It makes sense that the seal was broken - they recalled this to update the fw, remember? run it through the paces, look for marks, then forget about it. It's cool.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have read that the flashing of the firmware is from a zip file on the external SD. That has to go somewhere. The unzipped firmwares seem to be about 128M. I have read that the device has 128M of RAM but i would assume that the firmware gets loaded into FlashRom. If that is not on the internal SD then where is it located? How much space is there available for the "os" portion. Will there be a limit when when I start building all in one firmware packages?Also what is stored on the internal SD, just media?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
35M of media and what not on the SDHC
definately not the OS. Well i suppose now would be time to do some research to determine how Android and this device handel their OS Structure. Wish me luck

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
There is 256MB of internal memory (not the microSD card). This is where the OS is stored. The 1GB internal microSD card is for storage of user books, music, video, etc. You can also put items on the SDcard if you have one instlled. This works well for me as I am running regular Android and not the PDN Home. So, some of the programs I use use the SDcard for storage.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
This question about where the OS is stored has been lightly discussed. Someone said the device ran without the internal sdcard, but I haven't tried it. I know that the nook has its "stuff" on an internal sd card. I don't remember seeing any hard-wired memory in the FCC pics, but haven't looked. Keep us posted on what you find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought one of these at Bed Bath & Beyond. I bought a set of 10 ecoupons on eBay and used 1. I have 9 more. PM me if you want one - first 9 gets them. They are PDF's with different bar codes for each. 20% off single item purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.