Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
BETA 3 Coming Soon!!! More on this later....-----------------------------------------------------I've made some improvements to my application. It's is now fully portable. You can choose to install apks directly or via a batch file that is automatically created for you, which you can then simply run.New in Beta 2:----------------------------------*Automatic Batch file creation*Full portabilityPandigital App Installer 1.0 (Beta 2) - Portable Edition:
Download:PAI_(Beta2)(Portable).zipIMPORTANT NOTICE!:*Not tested with Black PDN*It works with PandaHome and Launcher Pro homescreen w/ white PDN.*Does not use wifi to install (YET)*If Apps fail to show up on device, reboot. If still nothing, try using the batch file method.*Make sure you have the correct driver installed.*make sure the adb daemon is running on your device or install will fail every time even though the application says it's Done!(I am trying to figure out why application won't install on some devices.)---------------------------------------------

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have stopped development on this program. Won't continue working on it unless someone requests a feature.I will still leave the program available for download in case anyone is interested in using this application.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can't figure out what that app does. It seems like most file managers install apk files. What am I missing?Sent from my slatedroid-pdn using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since I'm on a Mac I can only guess. This really is a half-way point between using adb push and/or .bat files to install apk's from your computer to the device and using an installed file explorer on the PDN like Astro or EStrongs directly from the device, right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote name='Mark Adams;58029]Correct me if I'm wrong' date=' but since I'm on a Mac I can only guess. This really is a half-way point between using adb push and/or .bat files to install apk's from your computer to the device and using an installed file explorer on the PDN like Astro or EStrongs directly from the device, right?[/QUOTE'] Everything this application does you can do at a command prompt or with a batch file. The point of this program is to save you the laborious task of doing this yourself. I was hoping to make an application later that simplified the hacking a fresh Pandigital Novel Device, that gave you options to apply/reverse certain hacks others have written. But it seems my hard work goes unappreciated so I will no longer continue development.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Write the stuff cuz you want to write it. Don't write it looking for kudos.There are plenty of lurkers who never post who I'm sure would use this.Please continue your development. You gain experience and users do benefit even if you aren't directly hearing about it.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Dude, do what you want to do, but the better your dev, the more people will use it. Look at nchanterman's build. And nate's initial hack...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd like to see this app idea fleshed out more fully as well. Something that kept a list of installed/available apps that I could save as an app bundle "profile" of sorts so I could reflash and get back what I last had, say, apps-wise. Maybe it does that already, I don't know. The woe-is-me-tasticness has not really forced my interest so far, sorry to say. But I'd love to see more news, screenshots, features w/o all the emo baggage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
xelachen;58406]...The woe-is-me-tasticness has not really forced my interest so far said:
emo baggage.
Great, now I feel like an awful person. The way I see it, I don't like working on things people aren't going to use - simple as that. But I find it humorous that I come across as some sort of egotistical emotionally unstable person; I guess I see how my postings could be misconstrued that way - give me a break, I'm a socially inept computer science college student (or "Geek"). I'll be more mindful of my verbiage when posting so I don't sound so "emo." I will continue development since it's painfully clear to me I was very wrong

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think I understand this better now too. A graphic frontend for command line tools like adb is a great idea.Sent from my slatedroid-pdn using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hard work pretty much always goes unappreciated, sadly. Do it for yourself. If it is useful to someone else, great. If you aren't doing it for yourself, you probably aren't going to "get it right" anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote name='thewhiteboy;58853]they should install and be where all of the other apps are. try rebooting' date=' sometimes they don't show up till after a reboot..[/QUOTE'] Since this program is still in beta you should not expect for it to work perfectly, I am trying to figure out how to remedy the Automatic install. For now, I recommend you hit the "Generate Batch File" button and run the resulting batch file that is created for you instead. I plan to do a major overhaul of how this program works.

·
Registered
51 Posts
[quote name='thewhiteboy;58853]they should install and be where all of the other apps are. try rebooting' date=' sometimes they don't show up till after a reboot..[/QUOTE'] Nope. No joy. Again, I know I'm sounding like I shouldn't even own one, but I have apps on the home screen and launcher. Neither one holds the ones I just tried to install.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.