Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone feel like making a Skin for the Pandigital Novel to use with the Android Emulator. Looks to be 4 .pngs (device and 3 button press masks) and a page of text.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I was messing with SDK and I replaced the SDK system.ing with the one taken from the 7_24 firmware. It wouldn't boot
, Ironically I have heard of the SDK System.img working on the Novel. Anyone have any ideas about what it might take to get the Novel firmware system running on the SDK emulator?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I tried it under ubuntu all i got was the framework ANDROID then black screen-no activity. For somereason I dont have api level 5 (2.0) as a platform level, though.Ive seen in some of the android build docs that you can compile for device or for emulator, so it hw may be too different.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
we really need that source code... If you haven't emailed, do it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then I will have to stick to building an emulator device that is closest to the Novel. What I would like to end up with is a "virtual" Novel running in the Emulator that I can "Sync" to my real Novel. This way I can get apks (through AppBrain) and test them on the emulator to see if they are sucky or good, then sync to my rezal one for installation. I have also read somewhere that when using like androidID even the market place will "push" apps to the device if installed on another device (emulator). I have an iPhone *ducks* and the only thing i like about iTunes 9 *ducks* is the "virtual device" where i can drag apps into a virtual phone then sync. It allows for springboard layouts etc. and is a dream with my 8 pages of apps. I dont really expect to pull that off with the emulator and virtual Novel, but i will get the ability to actually run the apks first, way more better than layout capabilities.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone have any med-large .pgn images of the Novel they would like to share. I am looking for something similar to the Forum Icon that has recently appeared. (nice touch mods) With a 3D look to it. But larger, with an ideal 600x800 screen area size.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I want to hack a 3gs soooooo bad... I keep getting them on ebay and getting scammed and involving paypal and getting my money back, rinse and repeat. I tried the same with a itouch 64gb, and am in the paypal dispute phase again.I would loooooooove for there to be an iphone emulator for development, but imagine apple would rather destroy the planet than allow one to exist.a pdn emulator should be a goal. Pandigital said they would get back to me on monday - hopefully there will be meaningful productivity from that.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh it exisit, and if you have a Mac capable of 10.5.5 and get the sdk u can do it. I requested the SDK a long time ago, pretty sure I got a download link, but required OSX 10.5.5 and i could not find a cheap used mac that could run it at the time. Now I dont even worry about it, Android is way easier to program for and SDK and APK makers are there and free. So if you want an iphone emulator, no need to destroy the planet/... all you have to do is take a bite of thissssss apple. ~~~~~o-<

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote name='nchntrman;33035]Does anyone have any med-large .pgn images of the Novel they would like to share. I am looking for something similar to the Forum Icon that has recently appeared. (nice touch mods) With a 3D look to it. But larger' date=' with an ideal 600x800 screen area size.[/QUOTE']I assume you meant PNG (?)I also assumed you wanted parts to be transparent...Download Link

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
close, after i got past all the advertisements. Except for the lip around the display. On the White PDN the black area is flush with the white and all one surface. But it will work for now, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.