Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
USB 2.0 provides 100mA up to 500mA per port. i.e. wiki : A host or hub Charging Downstream Port can supply a maximum of 1.5 A when communicating at low-bandwidth or full-bandwidth, a maximum of 900 mA when communicating at high-bandwidth, and as much current as the connector will safely handle when no communication is taking place; USB 2.0 standard-A connectors are rated at 1500 mA by default. A Dedicated Charging Port can supply a maximum of 1.8 A of current at 5.25 V. A portable device can draw up to 1.8 A from a Dedicated Charging Port. The Dedicated Charging Port shorts the D+ and D- pins with a resistance of at most 200Ω. So unless your computer has a labelled dedicated charging port, the PDN draws more power. With the provided charger they list full discharge to charge as 5 hours. Thats a fair bit of juice.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='HWgeek;30012]USB 2.0 provides 100mA up to 500mA per port. i.e. wiki : A host or hub Charging Downstream Port can supply a maximum of 1.5 A when communicating at low-bandwidth or full-bandwidth' date=' a maximum of 900 mA when communicating at high-bandwidth, and as much current as the connector will safely handle when no communication is taking place; USB 2.0 standard-A connectors are rated at 1500 mA by default. A Dedicated Charging Port can supply a maximum of 1.8 A of current at 5.25 V. A portable device can draw up to 1.8 A from a Dedicated Charging Port. The Dedicated Charging Port shorts the D+ and D- pins with a resistance of at most 200Ω. So unless your computer has a labelled dedicated charging port, the PDN draws more power. With the provided charger they list full discharge to charge as 5 hours. Thats a fair bit of juice.[/QUOTE'] The iPad has the same issue, and Asus (I think) released a driver for their motherboards that allows USB ports to "overpower" and supply enough juice. I believe it works on a pretty wide range of hardware, though.ASUS Ai Charger - Quick charge your iPod, iPhone and even iPad!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Is this the same set I've been looking at, and posting, since June?

·
Registered
592 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;30040]Crap' date=' I had to go back and look at the pics again. This one is soldered on, right? [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] looks to be.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Waaaaaay back in June I was using what I think is this same link to show people the user manual (since updated). The battery size is clearly off, and this appears to be the spec for the black, not the white. I had the white, if I recall, but haven't been able to find that link since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was checking the fcc url and in that the internal photos section. It has a pdf file, in that page A1-12. It shows the chip as WM-8350G. Search on the internet shows Power Management | WM8350 | Wolfson MicroelectronicsAccording to this page it says that the chip contains audio subsystem and supports microphone. Am I looking at correct WM-8350? If yes then why there is no microphone in PDN?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.