1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
I received mine today. When I started looking at Android pads and found this forum, I found myself getting more and more confused over memory, processors, firmware versions, Android versions, and Chinese copies of Chinese copies. I still don't know why I chose the Panda Pad, I guess it looked like it had enough stuff to keep me busy for a while and at $105, it was worth a chance.Of course once I ordered it I started seeing comments about lag, lag, slow, 150 MHz, and a non-working marketplace and plenty of pre-installed Chinese language applications. Then there was a long delay in shipping, they said they got new ones and there were quality control issues so they had to wait for more.So, it came today, and I am surprised and delighted! It seems very responsive to me, the installed applications are all in English, and the non-Google app store that's installed works fine -- not a bunch of great looking apps, but at least it works.The screen looks good through the typical LCD range of view angles, the gravity thingy flips the screen when you rotate it (this part is slow), and the camera produced recognizable pictures, but with the typical highlight blocking of a cheap CMOS sensor. The stereo speakers are not at all loud, and the YouTube application does work. No problem connecting to my WEP wireless network.It has about 700 Mb of free memory, though I added a 2 Gb Micro-SD card. I haven't tried the USB/RJ45 adaptor that is in the box or the earphones with the strange metal covered wires.It's Android 1.6 and Panda Pad firmware version 1.9_88 and I have no idea what the processor or speed is other than it seems to work well.I'll report back when I've done more with it, but for now it's a keeper.Oh, 1st post. Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while. I'm a programmer/analyst/web master for a Massachusetts town government, ham radio operator, practice yoga, speak Japanese, and buy and play with electronic gadgets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.