Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my PDN connected to wifi and am finding the page load speeds to be really slow. The device isn't hacked and is running the 8/6 FW. I have seen others here that are using other browsers but haven't found much info relating to speed. Do these other browsers make the page loads faster? Stock this device is just a tad too slow to be useful because I can see myself getting frustrated and pulling out the laptop. Also I saw postings of people adding another antenna to make use of the MIMO, any performance gains from this? I know there should be but wondering if what happens in the real world.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I said at one point I'd install speedtest and see what I get...don't remember if I posted a follow up. Anyway, I was amazed that the (hacked) PDN showed 2Mbps (I get 4-6 on my notebooks). Of course I assume that the throughput between the router and PDN will be the bottleneck in the test, so if correct, that means the PDN is doing a good job.On the other hand, we can evaluate browser speed, which depends on lots of other factors. I tend to use Dolphin (the standard version, not HD) and my general experience (CNN, weather.com, NYTimes, etc.) is that sometimes the page load speed is very good, and sometimes it seems to get about 90% and hang for a bit. I've just updated to the new firmware, though, and haven't a chance to browse with it much. Since wifi is a bit more stable, it might also be the case that speed is improved.-Matt

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. As I mentioned the device is currently stock but basically does as you describe...the progress bar will move pretty fast then just hang at about 90% for a bit. It isn't aweful but certainly would get annoying if I tried to use it more often. Was planning on hacking the device this weekend if I get a chance but didn't want to bother if there wasn't some sort of improvement in functionality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.