Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to package a new firmware IMG (some of the chages I put in init.rc and vold.fstab don't seem to be sticking). I may eventually rebuild but for new I just want to repackage the filesystems (BOOTFS, LSYSTEM, etc).

This thread refers to SC8600/9600 tools (unimg.exe) that can unpack images. That worked fine and I have filesystem images that I can mount under Linux and update. The unimg.exe app has an option to repack but the CRC tool doesn't match with the docs. If I unpack and then repack the IMG, the original and new img's differ by about 1k which makes me wonder if packing with the tool will work. I checked out crane_pack.exe but that has a lot of options I don't want to change yet (and that I don't know the defaults for).

So has anyone repackaged an IMG file? Any pointers would be appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would like to package a new firmware IMG (some of the chages I put in init.rc and vold.fstab don't seem to be sticking). I may eventually rebuild but for new I just want to repackage the filesystems (BOOTFS, LSYSTEM, etc).

This thread refers to SC8600/9600 tools (unimg.exe) that can unpack images. That worked fine and I have filesystem images that I can mount under Linux and update. The unimg.exe app has an option to repack but the CRC tool doesn't match with the docs. If I unpack and then repack the IMG, the original and new img's differ by about 1k which makes me wonder if packing with the tool will work. I checked out crane_pack.exe but that has a lot of options I don't want to change yet (and that I don't know the defaults for).

So has anyone repackaged an IMG file? Any pointers would be appreciated.
Read this thread and all your answers will be solved. http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/26399-img-firmware-with-usb-bluetooth-support/http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/26399-img-firmware-with-usb-bluetooth-support/
Do exactly as murphy explains after downloading the tools for novo 7 (links in the trhead)
Happy modding

·
Registered
1 Posts
noob here im using windows 7 and every time i use the batch file it always stat that the unimg is an unrecognizable command. help pls thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts