Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Gt78 last evening at Big K and returned it this morning.I must say that starting out last Month with my Odroid T and cap 10 in screen set the stage, but for the past ten days I have used the Enso Zt1180 almost exclusively so that iss my comparison.The smaller scrren and fit in your hand size was not bad, but the screen sensitivity was intollerable. I gave up. Going back to the ZT 180 was a a pleasure.

·
Registered
246 Posts
[quote name='dinsight3fl;36990]I got my Gt78 last evening at Big K and returned it this morning.I must say that starting out last Month with my Odroid T and cap 10 in screen set the stage' date=' but for the past ten days I have used the Enso Zt1180 almost exclusively so that iss my comparison.The smaller scrren and fit in your hand size was not bad, but the screen sensitivity was intollerable. I gave up. Going back to the ZT 180 was a a pleasure.[/QUOTE'] Curious if you did the upgraded Calibration. My screen at this point has almost no issue as far as response. I think some units have a hardware issue with their screens.CPG

·
Registered
146 Posts
dinsight:just out of curiousity, because I will buy a 10" screen for myself later but the augen is perfect for my wife (fits in the purse you know)What is it that you like about the Odroid that made it worth parting with $500+ and are you a HW hacker?I'm JUST nudging into android sw programming, but am a LONG way away from HW hacking like I was in the 80's but the specs on the Odroid are amazingJ

·
Registered
548 Posts
have to agree with the OP, returned mine today. flaky touch screen finally convinced me to stick with my PD. PD is better in almost every way except for the video playback.

·
Registered
246 Posts
[quote name='gottahavit;37415]have to agree with the OP' date=' returned mine today. flaky touch screen finally convinced me to stick with my PD. PD is better in almost every way except for the video playback.[/QUOTE'] I still think this is a hardware defect on some.. I owned a PDN also, and at this point I would say they are about equal touchscreen wise, this after calibration and SetCPU adjustments.CPG

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Patch #1 fixes the sensitivity of the touchscreen with onscreen Calibration. Mine works but I not happy with Kmart and AuGen deal going sour. I did manage to change the small screen on apps to full screen just by enable a feature that was disabled. Full games in both Port or Land modes. The unit isn't bad though in a sense. The touchscreen is cheap and LCD is prone for pixel defects like stuck pixel showing through on black grounds as white or dead pixels on white background. Patch #2 was suppose to be out to gives more features. But who knows what AuGen will do. Kmart will give you a full refund while your under the 90 days store policy for returns/exchange/refund as longs you have the OEM box, manual, 2 x cables, PSU cord and unit in good order. Since there is no factory reset you'll have to go in there and start deleting your settings and passwords just wipe them out for GMail and etc.

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='gottahavit;37415]have to agree with the OP' date=' returned mine today. flaky touch screen finally convinced me to stick with my PD. PD is better in almost every way except for the video playback.[/QUOTE']What abut WiFi range? I keep hearing people talking about having to be in the same room as their wireless AP/router which is a dealbreaker for me as I'll need MUCH better range than that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote name='mindwave;37143]dinsight:just out of curiousity' date=' because I will buy a 10" screen for myself later but the augen is perfect for my wife (fits in the purse you know)What is it that you like about the Odroid that made it worth parting with $500+ and are you a HW hacker?I'm JUST nudging into android sw programming, but am a LONG way away from HW hacking like I was in the 80's but the specs on the Odroid are amazingJ[/QUOTE']I am a wanabe hacker....dont know much code, but I am am a fast learner and persistant as anyone so I have learned a lot. THE Odroid T has working Gps, cam, BT.....and a beautiful capacitive screen....but It is not for most people unless you are serius dev and have the $$$$. I am having fun with the zt. 180 though and there is much more help here then on The odroid dedicated forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.