Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for testing this out. I live in Orange County California and the local libraries use this for their digital catalog so this is a great addition for the Novel.Again Thanks!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='nevillen;20038]I got overdrive installed and downloaded an audiobook' date=' but it's not recognizing it. Is there a trick to it?I got it working. It worked when I used the Dolphin Browser, but not with Opera!Nicole[/QUOTE']I have only Dolphin browser and the current app only supports mp3 format, wma format is not supported.

· Registered
4 Posts
mindseye73;19489]Hi said:
http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/[/url]
I also installed the OverDrive Media Console on the Novel and while it installed correctly, I can't seem to figure out how to get audiobooks to show in the library. First, the OD website says that the Android app onlyl supports MP3 files. Could this be correct? No WMA or video? In any case, I connected my Novel to my local library website and downloaded a MP3 audio book. I also downloaded a sample MP3 audio book from the OD website. But I can't figure out why the download is only 5kb and the file has an OBD file extension. After the quick download nothing shows in the OD Library on the Novel.If you have been able to successfully download and listen to a MP3 audio book using the OD Medial Console for Android please let me know how you did it. Thanks.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='Frank;21079]I also installed the OverDrive Media Console on the Novel and while it installed correctly' date=' I can't seem to figure out how to get audiobooks to show in the library. First, the OD website says that the Android app onlyl supports MP3 files. Could this be correct? No WMA or video? In any case, I connected my Novel to my local library website and downloaded a MP3 audio book. I also downloaded a sample MP3 audio book from the OD website. But I can't figure out why the download is only 5kb and the file has an OBD file extension. After the quick download nothing shows in the OD Library on the Novel.If you have been able to successfully download and listen to a MP3 audio book using the OD Medial Console for Android please let me know how you did it. Thanks.[/QUOTE'] How did u download the sample mp3 audio book? Did you use browser in your novel?This is how i downloaded using Dolphin browser on novel:-1) Went to local library website's listing using overdrive.com and when i clicked download link, it opened media console and the book got listed in the library.2) Since it doesn't download the whole book when u clicked download, you have to click book listed in overdrive library.3) When u click, a popup will appear with message" This title cannot be played because no Parts have been downloaded.Would you like to download Parts now?" Click "Yes".4) All the parts listing will appear. Either you can download one part or select individual part and download them. Once they are downloaded, you can play it from console.

· Registered
4 Posts
mindseye73 - I downloaded the mp3 audio book from Opera Mini 5.1 browser on the Novel. But after doing this nothing showed up in the OverDrive Library. I sent a request for support to OverDrive and they told me that the problem may be the Opera browser. They suggested that I use the Android stock browser and see if that works. But I don't plan to do this because I really like Opera Mini and have made it the default browser on my Novel. Thanks.

· Registered
4 Posts
[quote name='mindseye73;22516]Frank' date=' issue is with Opera mini, other user also had same issue. I used Dolphin browser, which works.[/QUOTE'] Yeah, you are right. I just got an email from OverDrive Support and they confirmed that it doesn't work with Opera Mini. I installed Opera Mini on my PDN because I use it on my phone and it has worked well. I wonder if OverDrive will work with SkyFire? I noticed a lot of people use Dolphin on this forum and I'm wondering why.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.