Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked through 5 pages of posts and used the search feature to search pandigital overclocking and it turned up nothing. Can someone please tell me once you root is this able to be overclocked to 1gHz?I am interested in picking this up so just want to check it out on what is possible.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Current firmware 7_24 sets CPU clock at 800MHz. Im not sure if the Samsung processor supports 1GHz. (Although when i researched before I was under impression that Samsung CHip was only 533Mhz-600Mhz)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok just tried out the base version seemed really slow so wanted to make sure I could speed things up. Can anyone tell me after rooting and running a different home screen how is the speed of the device?I have a rooted D1 and wanted to get something speed wise like this.

·
Registered
133 Posts
jjenson;25746 said:
Ok just tried out the base version seemed really slow so wanted to make sure I could speed things up. Can anyone tell me after rooting and running a different home screen how is the speed of the device?I have a rooted D1 and wanted to get something speed wise like this.
The speed is noticeably faster. However, so is the speed at which the battery drains. You can add SetCPU to BarControl and adjust the speed as needed. eBook reading does not require 400+ MHz (IMO).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I am not really using it as an e-reader wanted more as a tablet but maybe I just need to go the China route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts